Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stradalli bikes any good?
Quote | Reply
Are Stradalli bikes any good? It seems like they are a good value, and they have nice components. But I wonder if they are just a Chinese knock-off. My understanding is that they use an "open mold" frame - which is non-proprietary. Then they add their own decals and build the bike from there. I understand that is not a traditional business model, and it is not innovative. But I'm wondering if the quality is any good...?

Is there someone out there with any experience with this brand? I think the tt bikes look pretty darn fast. I've always been a mainstream Specialized/Trek kinda guy. But I am looking at upgrading, and I don't want to rule out a good value just because the brand doesn't innovate.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Stradalli bikes any good? [tobrien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondered about that brand too. They do a lot of advertising. I went with the Premier Tactical take a look at this bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never ridden them. I know 2 people that have them and they love them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tobrien wrote:
Are Stradalli bikes any good? It seems like they are a good value, and they have nice components. But I wonder if they are just a Chinese knock-off. My understanding is that they use an "open mold" frame - which is non-proprietary. Then they add their own decals and build the bike from there. I understand that is not a traditional business model, and it is not innovative. But I'm wondering if the quality is any good...?

Is there someone out there with any experience with this brand? I think the tt bikes look pretty darn fast. I've always been a mainstream Specialized/Trek kinda guy. But I am looking at upgrading, and I don't want to rule out a good value just because the brand doesn't innovate.
Thanks!

Been looking at them too mainly because I saw a few cheap DI2 bikes on eBay. So far haven't pulled the trigger but some nice deals.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Stradalli bikes any good? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damnit, why did I have to click your link lol. Those are some killer deals. The full DA Di2 bikes are barely priced above what you'd pay for the groupset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have anything against an open source frame. I'd consider this option myself depending on the needs and circumstances.
And zero personal (or even secondhand) experience with Stradalli.

But the knock-off Ferrari graphics rub me the wrong way.
Nothing against Ferrari - I grew up as a Niki Lauda fan - but it looks very weird to me to see the exact same typeface, exact same shield pattern - all the Ferrari graphics - but spelling out Stradalli instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're assembled in Florida which is where they're more common, to every where else they're mail order, which would be a problem for some.

A friend of mine bought the $5000 model and is very happy with it, though some of the finishing may be suspect (he had an off center bottle cage bolt).

Look great, very light and comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found this thread from 6 years ago (others available as well). http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=5806
Seems like they have been around a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Stradalli bikes any good? [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This Tactical has piqued my interest! Did you get this travel case? What are your thoughts on it? I have never heard of this bike before, but I just read the slowtwitch review.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our Tactical Triathlon Bike come with the Hard Travel Case as standard equipment.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been in triathlon long long time. Owned many bikes. Have 3 bikes now but always looking for the" perfect" tri bike. Tactical nail it. When I was in Hawaii I really looked at the canyon speedmax. It was done right but not available in the u.s. The Tactical is done better. If start comparing aero, weight, value this bike is something special. Had to have it!
Quote Reply