Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Shoe Vs. Cycling Shoe
Quote | Reply
Ok, I realize one may be a tad "faster" when putting them on, on the bike, but is their really an advantage of having Tri specific shoes in triathlon or are the snug fit, incredible power transfer and wider choice of road shoes just fine? Seems like many pros stay away from tri specific shoes. There have to be ways to do rubber band mounts on road shoes...

Any thoughts on this at all? and what shoes would you recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shoe Vs. Cycling Shoe [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aside from the supposed ease of getting them off faster, the difference with triathlon shoes usually had more to do with seam construction to ride sockless, drainage holes, and more venting. However, many cycling shoes are getting those same features. So I believe the difference between the two styles is blurring.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Shoe Vs. Cycling Shoe [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My theory has been the longer the race the more likely I am to wear cycling shoes.

I would guess that there is a point where the speed gains of a particular "fast" cycling shoe out weigh the extra time to put it on, depending on race length.

For sprints I wear a pearl izumi Tri shoe, but for IMs I have a pair of Specialized Sub 6's I found used on eBay.
Quote Reply