Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The real casualty numbers: [NeedMoreEngine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

<all sorts of nuttiness snipped> Ken, if you think Saddam didn't have certain weapons, you are very naive. My personal theory is that he would not have used them against us, but would easily have sold them or even given them away to anyone who would use them against us. There is a very interesting audio recording of a telephone conversation floating around. I looked for a link but could not find one. It is somewhat ambiguous, but somewhat clear. 2 iraqi army officers are talking about a vehicle that is still someplace where it shouldn't be the day before the inspections are to start. It could be harmless, but at the same time I dont think it is.
Yeah, whatever. Your personal theory is right up there with the Brontosaurus theory.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [Startmeup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Um, for those that live there. It's really not rocket science.

What percentage is safe for Western journalists, since many here like to criticize the fact that they dont leave the Green Zone.

Probably 0.001%?

The green zone is baghdad. Iraq is more than Bagdhad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True, Iraq is more than Baghdad. (Sort of in the way Arizona is more than Phoenix). There won't ever be a stable Iraq without a stable Baghdad. It's the key to the whole endeavor and it's not looking too spectacular at the moment.

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The green zone is baghdad. Iraq is more than Bagdhad.
So if the rest of Baghdad is unsafe, why then aren't more journalists based out of the 80% that is safe?

>>>We are after the big fish.

Yeah, how's that going anyway?

Cause we taxpayers think it's not going too well...a majority (60%) of us now think that the national field trip to Eye-rack wasn't worth the 2 flowers and 1 sweet we got in return.

Last I 'member, the Preznit was standing on a pile of rubble yelling about dead or alive...I guess that in this case, he did us the courtesy of mentioning both the desired and the likely outcomes.

So tell us, NME, seeker of "big fish"...where is The Original Evil One, the one who must not be named (anymore)?

Waziristan? Or Balad?

Closer to Paktia Province? Or closer to Ramadi?

And please spare us the whining about Iraqis who want to harm us, who wish to harm us, who would harm us if we would only grant them visas and give CIA training and dollars and explosives training were they still available for the cause of militant Islam.

Find the people who did us harm.

Not the number #3 guy who replaced the other number #3 guy who took over when the number #3 before him got killed.

The. Actual. People.

And I'll give you a hint...none of them are in Iraq.

We're tired of colossally expensive failure; you should be too.

>>> I looked for a link but could not find one.

We know, NME.

We know.
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [tri_larry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Osama bin Whoden?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My personal theory is that he would not have used them against us, but would easily have sold them or even given them away to anyone who would use them against us.

That's a lot of ifs and buts.

There is a very interesting audio recording of a telephone conversation floating around. I looked for a link but could not find one. It is somewhat ambiguous, but somewhat clear.

Now you're even talking like Bush.

2 iraqi army officers are talking about a vehicle that is still someplace where it shouldn't be the day before the inspections are to start. It could be harmless, but at the same time I dont think it is.

That evidence should have been presented to the UN to make it a real slam dunk.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, what I know about the Iraqi people, our Administration taught me. What I've learned so far is that they were too stupid to remove Saddam themselves, so we had to go in there and do it for them. They were so numb sculled that they were building WMD and were an imminent threat to us. They were so worthless that we've had administer their country for the last 3 years. And they have shit for brains otherwise we would pull out of there now - we know that they can't think for themselves so we are letting them take baby steps towards their own self governance. One day, after we educate them on democracy, they will be smart enough to get along with each other, ignore the tribal and religious beliefs that separate their simple existence, and we brilliant Americans will be able to claim that we brought them to a new great glorious state of existence in our own image.

So how in the world, could I as a superior American, believe that they could hold something as complex as a trial for Saddam. They'll just kill themselves in the process.
Last edited by: tritnow: Nov 18, 05 17:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all part of an attitude that exists among the lefties, dude. Harry Reid illustrates it best, as shown in the photo below ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We are looking for the fundamentalist type. Wahhabi's, Answar al-Islam, Al Qaeda
These are the terrorists we are looking to kill? Well, look no further - the Wahhabi's populate the entire country of Saudi Arabia. Wahhabi is the sect of Islam that is considered the official religion of Saudi Arabia. Most of the guys that flew planes into the WTC were from this sect. So we found them! Now we can go and beat the snot out of Saudi Arabia and claim another Mission Accomplished.

Geez, if I would have known that we were looking for Wahhabi's I could have been contributing to the war on terror a long time ago.

Finding Al Qaeda and Answar is a little trickier as they don't actually occupy a country we can just invade and democratize.
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is democracy all that bad an ideal, even if it's brought to a country once dominated by a vicious tyrant hellbent on some sort of payback for perceived wrongs done to him by us?

Show me a guy that was more deserving of the asskicking that this one got, and......I'll tell you that we should go after him next. It's a tough old world, after all, and we're lining up the bad guys and taking them out. Old Osama's on the run, and Zarqawi is his cat's paw. We'll get both of them, sooner or later. And you really can do both things at once, by the way (which would be 1) Remake a country with the aim of making it a less-dangerous presence to its neighbors AND 2) Find and kill the bastards that want all of us to live in some sort of Islamic utopia).

See, that's the problem with the instant-gratification society that we all live in. Everybody thinks something like completely remaking the Middle East into an entity that at least tries to be democratic should only take about as long as a season of "Survivor, Downtown Baghdad" would, for example ;-)

T.
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly.

Zarqawi and his mentor OB must simply be rubbing their murderous hands in glee at the prospect of the USA pulling out of Iraq. Oooh.... Iraq can be the proof and symbol of success over the infedels, the source of inspiration for brothers around the world tottering on the brink between the true Jihad righteous spirit and sanity and Iraq can become the true haven for all true believers. It can be the physical and moral platform from which the true believers cleanse the world of the ignorant masses.

So many posts regarding the safety in Iraq at present. Safety in Iraq now is a non issue beyond being a gauge of how much commitment and how much more needs to be done toward achieving the only satisfactory conclusion in Iraq. The more it's unsafe, the harder the USA and it's allies needs to make it safe and shut the fundamentalists out. It's getting worse before it can get better. So be it, but it MUST get better, not left alone.
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Survivor, downtown Baghdad. I love that.
Quote Reply
Re: The real casualty numbers: [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a million of 'em. Here's a 'toon that points out a fact about life in the Congress, lately. Think of Democratic feelings about the Iraq rebuilding effort:

T.
Quote Reply

Prev Next