Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1x chainring bolt recommendations
Quote | Reply
I put a narrow-wide SRAM chainring on my Vision crankset. For the first run, I just left small chainring on. I am doing winter bike maintainence and want to ditch the unused inside ring, but the chainring bolts are too long and don't seat properly. I haven't seen shorter bolts on the SRAM website. Can anyone recommend a good option?
Quote Reply
Re: 1x chainring bolt recommendations [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.ebay.com/...e=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Currently using these on both my 1x CX and Road bikes Force Cx1 cranks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out 'Toronto Cycles' :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you are talking about the sync ring, it comes with spacers that take the place of the inner ring so you don't need shorter bolts
Quote Reply
Re: 1x chainring bolt recommendations [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
if you are talking about the sync ring, it comes with spacers that take the place of the inner ring so you don't need shorter bolts

I actually had a set of spacers from a Fiiber Lyte 1x chainring. When I tried those, the stock bolts hit the rear brake arm. The difference is that the small chain ring has a slight recess around each hole. The clearance.is really tight. No way I could run something like a Jet+ on this thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you need to start an "I hate BB brake frames" thread ala jens ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I put a narrow-wide SRAM chainring on my Vision crankset. For the first run, I just left small chainring on. I am doing winter bike maintainence and want to ditch the unused inside ring, but the chainring bolts are too long and don't seat properly. I haven't seen shorter bolts on the SRAM website. Can anyone recommend a good option?

I have been using the Wolf Tooth bolts. All good. Saves a few grams as well.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The earlier kit would work... but this kit works too. I just converted my Force 22 to to a 1x over the weekend. I bought my 1x ring unused so it didn't come with the spacers. Anyway this is the kit I used. You might need a different kit since you're not dealing with the hidden bolt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRAM-Force-1-Chainring-Spacer-and-Bolt-Set-Five-Spacers-and-Hidden-Nut-Bolt-/172443942701?hash=item282675bf2d
Quote Reply