Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New year new hype shoe
Quote | Reply
Last year hoka, this year ON running shoes. Seems like every year is a new brand that gets hot and everyone raves about. This year seems to be ON running even the pros are all in on these shoes. Guess I'll follow the trend and go add to my collection because it will make me faster right?
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [Ngarrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to stick with ASICS, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got some Hoka's and still wear them from time to time. Mostly on longer easy runs. But I've found New Balance work best for me. I tried the ON shoes at a demo event. They seemed okay but didn't really do much for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the first I've heard of them. What's their gimmick? Very run in Newtons (lugs) and I've seen hokas (is their gimmick thick soles? I don't really know).

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys have been around for a few years but they're definitely at the extreme edge of running shoes: http://www.airiarunning.com
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about Salming?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if they're a thing. I found them when I was looking for a light, low drop shoe and came across these for around $50. I'm digging them so far, but the soles do pick up acorns like no other.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [AtleastITried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If one is really happy and having no issues with their current shoes they should stick with them as they will be gone or changed soon enough. There is nothing wrong with trying out different shoes if one is having issues or their favorite has changed or gone away. But aside from choosing a shoe for looks (which is the absolute worst way to choose shoes along with choosing to be trendy), the next worst thing is choosing one because someone else says they like it. People are so easily led. Lots of runners and triathletes don't know what to look for in a running shoe, nor do a lot of salespeople know diddley about foot structure and biomechanics.
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering that also Brian. My coach Mark Allen seems to be working with them so I'll see what he says. I haven't been ale to find any around where I live to check out. Let me know if you find out anything.

BryanD wrote:
What about Salming?
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [AtleastITried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've become a convert to Altra. Huge fluffy midsoles like Hoka. Zero drop. And best of all, a forefoot shape where the shoe is shaped like an actual foot, allowing room for the toes. Uncommonly comfortable. Hard to imagine switching away from these very addicting shoes.

https://www.altrarunning.com/why-altra
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [Steve B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you (or anyone) explain how drop affects your running? I mean, I understand what heel-toe drop is, but I've never seen anything along the lines of "Choose a drop in this range if XYZ is affecting your running." Perhaps I haven't looked hard enough.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: New year new hype shoe [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also curious about drop. Maybe it's foot to foot but I'm no expert. I have tried on a pair of Altra shoes before and felt comfortable in them but I went ahead and bought some kinvaras because that's what I'm used to even though they hurt my feet every so often.
Quote Reply