Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pioneer power meter battery status
Quote | Reply
Hi
Does anyone have a pioneer power meter dual leg... is there a way to check battery life with a garmin edge or garmin iq application

Or any recommendations besides using their pioneer head unit

Chris

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter battery status [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is any sort of ANT+ way to see battery life, I've never seen it. My "solution" is just change the batteries relatively frequently. I've got my current batteries in there for the winter. I'll change them in the spring. I'll change them again in July just before my biggest race of the year.

Coin batteries are cheap. Replacing the left one is a piece of cake. The right one does require 3 tiny screws to be removed but it goes pretty quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter battery status [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What garmin are you using? I use the pioneer head unit but would have thought it would be on the sensor details page of the garmin, when I export the the pioneer file as a .fit to Todaysplan it does display the battery voltage for the crank
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter battery status [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be damned. I had never even thought to look there. Or rather, I'd never dug down deep enough into its submenus

My Garmin is an Edge 520 and on the sensor status page, under the "About" submenu, there is a status field for battery level. I'd never gone down any farther than the status page itself.

Mine is currently listed as "Good", so it's not a meter or anything

So I guess there you have it. You can tell. Personally I don't think this is going to change my behavior of changing batteries but it's good to know I can at least check.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter battery status [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will prompt when the battery gets low
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter battery status [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neilridley wrote:
It will prompt when the battery gets low
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

this is correct, you will see a warning...My reference has been every 6 months to change. I keep the batteries and use them for HR strap replacements.
Quote Reply
Re: Pioneer power meter battery status [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for you sharing. To the more about battery, I just know how to use power inverter to charge camera battery. Before we buy a charger for battery, we should know the pioneer power meter about battery. I like to use 300w power inverter from friend recommends. Last month, I bought it from Amazon. Now there is discount for it. You can catch more information on bestek amazon store. Hope this point is useful to you.
Quote Reply