Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ole Einar Bjorndalen 43y did it again, bronze in the biathlon world championship (I am feeling old)
Quote | Reply
Ole Einar Bjorndalen is helping men in their 40s believing that life is not over.
The king of biathlon, now 43y old managed to get a bronze medal in the world championship today.
This was Ole Einar's 58 world/olympic medal out of 119 starts.

What was special today was not only Ole Einar's race. The winner was Martin Fourcade, the new king of biathlon.
Johannes Boe got silver, he was not even born when Ole Einar raced his first world cup race.

Race video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcFgD7xRew

In the women's race, Ole Einar's wifeDomratsjeva won the silver, just 4 months after their first child was born.
Quote Reply
Re: Ole Einar Bjorndalen 43y did it again, bronze in the biathlon world championship (I am feeling old) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping he would get 100% on his shots to go challenge Martin, but it was a weird day rifle-wise for a lot of biathletes today.

What a great athlete he is and it is also a great result for Boe who has had a complicated season so far.

Only fools never change their minds and I'll never change my mind about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Ole Einar Bjorndalen 43y did it again, bronze in the biathlon world championship (I am feeling old) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The racing (and camerawork) are so good.

Amazing the speed those guys shoot - like Fourcarde's first shoot in this race. Even the speed with which they get into shooting position.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ole Einar Bjorndalen 43y did it again, bronze in the biathlon world championship (I am feeling old) [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
The racing (and camerawork) are so good.

Amazing the speed those guys shoot - like Fourcarde's first shoot in this race. Even the speed with which they get into shooting position.

Biathlon has been really good to create interesting events. Everything from how the stadium is designed to good TV pictures. And of course a lot of split times.

Even with the new restrictions on when they can start preparing for the shooting, the speed is impressive. Johannes Boe used 20 seconds on his standing shooting.

Martin Fourcade is the best athletes this year as he have been the last 5.

I do not think he went all out today. He is just really good :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am feeling old too. In my last half marathon a smiley faced 13 year old girl passed me and said "you are looking good" My pb is 1:20 but that was thirty years ago in my late twenties.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he wins the cup this season, he'll tie OEB. He also needs 4 discipline titles. The video was pretty awesome. Really impressive to see them hold their breath when shooting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is a machine, always fun to watch.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great video. What is the purpose of the strap they wear on their left biceps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When he and Lowell Bailey left the range together I thought Lowell would be able to drop him on the final lap. But Ole, 8 years older than Lowell, was the one that did the dropping. He's timeless.
Quote Reply