Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Flo Wheels Question [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
flogazo wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
how is that black applied and what is the durability like?

For me it lasted quite long in normal weather, but then I did one race in heavy rain and all the road grime + some braking immediately took that black finish clean off completely.

I had some Hed Jet Black rims, they lasted pretty well, I had zero silver showing through after rainy races at IMC and St George and a year of riding. I am sure they'd likely show through eventually. I don't really see the point in them looking ok for a year. Do Flo do wheels without this finish?

As other have said, our black brake tracks will eventually wear. In dry conditions the black color can last a very long time... years. In wet conditions the finish can wear off very quickly. The reason we have black anodized brake tracks stems back to when we were starting the company. People saw it, loved it, and wanted them even if they would eventually wear.

To answer your question about our brake tracks coming in alternative finishes, they do not. We only have black anodized brake tracks.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo Wheels Question [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine stayed mostly black for a few months. Then I got caught in a storm with light rain and blowing sand, and now they're mostly silver. Still good-looking wheels, but I definitely preferred them black.
Quote Reply

Prev Next