Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Desert Classic Duathlon - any prize money anymore?
Quote | Reply
Not holding my breath, but any chance this race still has any prize money? I did it back in 2012 and there were some decent pros that came out. I think it had a few grand up for grabs then. I was actually the beneficiary of some of the front guys running off course that year (Chris Foster, Matt Russell and Ben Hoffman, I believe) and ended up winning my first check of my multisport career! Boy, that was a fiasco.

Jason Pedersen
RunPd.com - Running as fast I can since '93
@jasonpedersen
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Duathlon - any prize money anymore? [Jason P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've been through multiple RD's over the years. New one again this year.

Doesn't look like any prize money, hasn't had prize money in at least 4-6 years.

Last year was pretty good race with 2 U turns on the bike. The bike was completely outside the park. This year it looks like a double out n back in the park. The park road was shit last time I rode it. The mtn bike course may be less bumpy.

Looks like they change the runs a bit from last year.

IMO last year's race was spot on. I thought if the RD keeps this up & keeps this course or at least keeps it off the park road then the race will be a big time race again in 2-3 more editions. Now I'd say the jury is out...again.

If you do it let us know what you think.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply