Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion...
Quote | Reply
....guess they'll be using illegal Mexican labor. :-)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...st-draw14&wpmm=1
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

no, just stiff the contractors
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

LOL!! Its the tax payers that will be stiffed. Oh I forgot, Mexico is paying for it.
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
There's some history there when it comes to Trump failing to pay contractors.

But given how often government projects end up having cost overruns and delays, if it ends up only costing $21.6 billion and it only takes 3.5 years to build the wall, that might seem like a bargain.

Of course, he could substitute some four-foot high chain link fence instead of the 20-foot brick wall with the built-in sniper positions, and that would bring the costs down.

"See, I told you! COSTS CUT!"

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:

But given how often government projects end up having cost overruns and delays, if it ends up only costing $21.6 billion and it only takes 3.5 years to build the wall, that might seem like a bargain.

Of course, he could substitute some four-foot high chain link fence instead of the 20-foot brick wall with the built-in sniper positions, and that would bring the costs down.

Why not just lay a mine field and forget the wall? That would really keep costs down. Of course some wise ass would probably get the idea to send puppies across first to explode the mines and PETA would throw a fit.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He just can't help himself...

"I am reading that the great border WALL will cost more than the government originally thought, but I have not gotten involved in the…design or negotiations yet. "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Trump finding "savings" in a project that he implemented kinda like patting yourself on the back for putting out a fire that you started?

This has nothing to do with whether or not a wall is a good thing.
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
Is Trump finding "savings" in a project that he implemented kinda like patting yourself on the back for putting out a fire that you started?

This has nothing to do with whether or not a wall is a good thing.

Like when people rationalize that they saved money by buying something (they don't need) on sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mexican labor and the materials made in China should do it.

To be fair, the Chinese do have a history of making walls that last a long time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mexican labor and the materials made in China should do it.

To be fair, the Chinese do have a history of making walls that last a long time.

That's GOLD! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
He just can't help himself...

"I am reading that the great border WALL will cost more than the government originally thought, but I have not gotten involved in the…design or negotiations yet. "

I heard that Ikea was submitting a proposal:

Quote Reply
Re: The wall will be much cheaper than the estimated 21.6 billion... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:

Why not just lay a mine field and forget the wall? That would really keep costs down. Of course some wise ass would probably get the idea to send puppies across first to explode the mines and PETA would throw a fit.

There's also the fact that while the US is not an official signatory, the government agreed to abide by the Mine Ban Treaty everywhere except the Korean peninsula. OTOH, I'm not to sure that Trump knows the 2 Korea's are actually part of another continent with an entire ocean in between.
Quote Reply