Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bannon's revolution?
Quote | Reply
An interesting article on Steve Bannon and the Trump administration,

"Trump uses Twitter to control the agenda and set the agenda...So when a story comes up which is not helpful, not favorable, or when he wants to get people disrupted … he throws a ball and everybody scrambles after it and neglects the story they should be following.”

"I'm a Leninist", Bannon told the Daily Beast. "Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that's my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today's establishments."

http://foreignpolicy.com/...d-on-his-revolution/
Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 10, 17 15:14
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's revolution? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Putin wins!

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

"Trump uses Twitter to control the agenda and set the agenda...So when a story comes up which is not helpful, not favorable, or when he wants to get people disrupted … he throws a ball and everybody scrambles after it and neglects the story they should be following.”

"I'm a Leninist", Bannon told the Daily Beast. "Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that's my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today's establishments."

The quote is a re-tread from an old Daily Beast story in which it is widely believed the writer made it up. Is Bannon anti-establishment? I would hope so. I would hope most of us are anti-establishment. I know many liberals are. Isn't that how Bernie Sanders almost became the Dem nominee?

Oh, and I wouldn't call Putin a Leninist. Some need to brush up on their history.
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's revolution? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Bannon anti-establishment?

Bannon is a self-described economic nationalist and on most of his policies I would definitely agree with him. I hold Bannon in high regard and think he is the punching bag for the media. He was strongly opposed to the bailout of Wall Street and I share his anger over that.

The article is right however when it says he hasn't clearly outlined his end game. If he is leading what seems to be chaos in the Trump administration, he is taking some big risks. It's not so easy to create chaos when there are strong institutions in the U.S and he they are finding that out now. I think the decision over the immigration ban caught them off guard.

I think they have to also be careful about continuing on this path, there is a lot of anger brewing and the administration should remember what happened in 2010 before they go too far. They have a chance now to really change some things with control of the House and Senate but if they continue to mobilize the anti-Trump majority, they will not be in that position too long.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Oh for the love of God.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was an interesting read. Antifragile is now on my to-read list.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Bannon's revolution? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like this quote,

“The definition of ‘antifragile’ is having more upside than downside. For example, Obama had little upside because everyone thought he was brilliant and would solve the world’s problems, so when he didn’t it was disappointing. Trump has little downside because he’s already been so heavily criticized. He’s heavily vaccinated because of his checkered history. People have to understand: Trump did not run to be archbishop of Canterbury.”
Quote Reply