Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin!
Quote | Reply
http://globalnews.ca/...canadian-ambassador/

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know I guess. While I can't say many Canadians on the left would be excited by this news, she'll be very popular in certain places, especially Calgary and Edmonton if it happens. To some extent, I'd say she is perfect for the job.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
http://globalnews.ca/video/3236232/sean-spicer-questioned-on-pms-visit-naming-sarah-palin-as-canadian-ambassador/

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know I guess. While I can't say many Canadians on the left would be excited by this news, she'll be very popular in certain places, especially Calgary and Edmonton if it happens. To some extent, I'd say she is perfect for the job.

I already started a post about this yesterday. People in Calgary and Edmonton aren't as stupid as you're giving them credit for. Most Canadians would prefer have Tina Fey.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Feb 9, 17 17:42
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
http://globalnews.ca/video/3236232/sean-spicer-questioned-on-pms-visit-naming-sarah-palin-as-canadian-ambassador/

I already started a post about this yesterday. People in Calgary and Edmonton aren't as stupid as you're giving them credit for. Most Canadians would prefer have Tina Fey.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Sorry I missed your post. I took a quick glance at the first 30 or so rows of post topics and never saw anything about Palin so I just assumed that no one had posted about it. I figured it would have gotten more attention, but then again, its not American news so most posters on here don't care. Anyways, she'd be VERY pro oil and conservative which is why I said she would be popular in Calgary and Edmonton.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Payback for sending us Bieber.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"he'd be VERY pro oil and conservative which is why I said she would be popular in Calgary and Edmonton. "

Let's not forget her job as ambassador would be located in Ottawa, not Calgary or Edmonton. Doubt if she'd have the same fan base there.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Feb 9, 17 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's payback doe cervelogut's posts. And tri kid if he is Canadian.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
It's payback doe cervelogut's posts. And tri kid if he is Canadian.

As you said on the other post, Trump must read the LR and is getting back at me for my posts.:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She'll be popular in the rural areas just outside of Calgary and Edmonton. Most city folk think she is a hick.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
She'll be popular in the rural areas just outside of Calgary and Edmonton. Most city folk think she is a hick.
I assume that all walks of life would go to see her give a speech where ever in Canada she travels just because she is a celebrity. But yeah, she definitely has that rural "Northerner" appeal that some snowmobiling/hunter anti-Trudeau type Canadians like.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think she is a hick and needs to go away. Being in Canada is a good start.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
realAB wrote:

I assume that all walks of life would go to see her give a speech where ever in Canada she travels just because she is a celebrity. But yeah, she definitely has that rural "Northerner" appeal that some snowmobiling/hunter anti-Trudeau type Canadians like.

I'd go see her just for the SNL parody.:-) She will definitely appeal to some in rural Canada, after all wasn't her husband Todd an avid snowmobiler and hunter? But as I previously noted, she's not likely to be a big hit in Ottawa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trudeau is still polling quite well nationally. Last poll I looked at had the Liberal party leading. http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/canada.html?m=1

His helicopter scandal is now being drowned out by Rona Ambrose's billionaire yacht vacation. The bombardier loans hurt his numbers temporarily on the Prairies but long term people remember that the conservatives gave money to them lots of times as well. Budget is coming up and money will be sprinkled where votes are needed just like every other western democracy.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
Trudeau is still polling quite well nationally. Last poll I looked at had the Liberal party leading. http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/canada.html?m=1

His helicopter scandal is now being drowned out by Rona Ambrose's billionaire yacht vacation. The bombardier loans hurt his numbers temporarily on the Prairies but long term people remember that the conservatives gave money to them lots of times as well. Budget is coming up and money will be sprinkled where votes are needed just like every other western democracy.

x2. You nailed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
..., she'll be very popular in certain places, especially Calgary and Edmonton if it happens...

I've never met another Albertan who didn't think Sarah Palin was an idiot. I just asked around the office here at the BigOil company I work for an informal survey that did not affect the score.

Some quotes:

"I can't imagine a worse candidate".
"You made that up"
"Fuck off."
"Seriously? No. Seriously?"
"I didn't know she was still in politics".
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I think she is a hick and needs to go away. Being in Canada is a good start.

Not far enough away.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
tri_kid wrote:
..., she'll be very popular in certain places, especially Calgary and Edmonton if it happens...

I've never met another Albertan who didn't think Sarah Palin was an idiot. I just asked around the office here at the BigOil company I work for an informal survey that did not affect the score.

Some quotes:

"You made that up"
"Fuck off."

If you think about it, she might be the perfect candidate, especially if you don't like Trump. Palin is a clown show, just like Trump. If you want Trump and his admin to look bad and crash and burn, Palin is perfect for the job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to worry! Ms. Palin will not be making policy she will be taking her marching orders from the Trump administration! Wait a second maybe we should be worried

tri_kid wrote:

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

Some quotes:

"You made that up"
"Fuck off."

Here's one you may have missed - who cares? Who can actually name any of the former US ambassadors to Canada off the top of their head? I know I can't. OrangeDick just might appoint her knowing that it's going to rub McFuddleDuddle and crew the wrong way. OrangeBadHair is looking for reactions that he can respond to and manipulate into his own message. In other words...

Quote Reply
Re: Possible American Ambassador to Canada...Sarah Palin! [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Marlonius wrote:
tri_kid wrote:

Some quotes:

"You made that up"
"Fuck off."

Here's one you may have missed - who cares? Who can actually name any of the former US ambassadors to Canada off the top of their head? I know I can't. OrangeDick just might appoint her knowing that it's going to rub McFuddleDuddle and crew the wrong way. OrangeBadHair is looking for reactions that he can respond to and manipulate into his own message. In other words...

I hope he does, that will be one of his best decisions so far, the entertainment value will be priceless.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply