Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How are you managing to keep easy days easy? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
One of the tricks to this is being able to leave your ego at the front door.

This is the number one issue and Strava is part of the problem, running 6min/km doesn't look cool. What i don't like seeing is people going way too fast on the recovery portion of track sets, all it does is ruin the quality of the speed set.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you managing to keep easy days easy? [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guscrown wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
I'm on the BarryP running plan...

I've seen this mentioned frequently here, can you share more details?

I'll dig up the links or you can just type in "BarryP into the search bar". It's a structure for running on a weekly basis as well as increasing your mileage over time.

The general format is 1 easy, 2 tempo, 1 easy, 2 medium, 1 easy, 3 long, rest day. Multiply those numbers to achieve whatever is appropriate weekly mileage for you and gradually increase your weekly mileage over time. This year I'm being very conservative and sticking with 4% per week and every 4th week I drop mileage by 25% and then resume week five with a 4% increase over week 3.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you managing to keep easy days easy? [trytri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I don't, my coach yells at me when she sees my data. :)

This is the first time I've had a triathlon coach and I've found it extremely helpful and informative. Some of my easy run workouts she may give me instructions to stay below a certain HR or pace but usually the instructions are a combination of things to pay attention to during my workout. HR, RPE, pace. She adds things like "keep at conversational pace and don't wreck yourself" My easy days are supposed to be easy so she'd rather end up with a super slow pace than tire myself out ahead of a hard workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I circle them with a big red marker and look forward to them. They're the best days ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use heart rate as regulator to avoid going out of ZR. For running use TM to control all variables and decrease pounding on legs. For bike use trainer for same reasons as TM
Quote Reply
Re: How are you managing to keep easy days easy? [kitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HRM and Hokas. Netflix or family ride for the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next