Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ischiogluteal Bursitis - Healing Time?
Quote | Reply
Last Friday I pulled out my TT bike (Adamo saddle) for the first time in about a year and did about 40 minutes on the trainer, alternating in and out of the bars to get used to the position again. Following day I went for my usual road ride, about 4 hours. Immediately sitting on the saddle I had some pain on my right side sit bone, but was bearable. Throughout the ride this progressed worse and worse and by the end it was untenable to sit on the saddle or any hard surface at all.

Following day came with pretty significant taint swelling on the right side surrounding the sit bone. Dead ringer for ischiogluteal bursitis based on ST and googling. Since then I took 3 full days off and treated with ice and ibuprofen which cleared almost all of the pain and swelling. Did 20 minutes (road bike) on the trainer last night and while bearable it was still fairly painful and some swelling is back now.

I assume the recipe going forward is continued rest/ice, etc and no riding, but I am curious as to how long typical healing for this takes. I have a 4 day training camp scheduled in a week that is usually 15+ hours of ride time and am concerned I may miss it at this point.
Quote Reply