Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PDX people, airport/car rental question
Quote | Reply
i get into PDX sat afternoon and would like to run around town for the day. there are a few coffee shops and retailers i want to check out.
to get to the rental car pickup/drop off do you need to take a shuttle or is it walkable? i really hate the shuttles and am debating using the train if it's a real PITA. i'd be much more limited on what and where i can cover with the train though, so i'm weighing the options.

thx

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: PDX people, airport/car rental question [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't recall if the car rental stations require a shuttle from the terminal. The PDX airport site probably has the info.

If you just want to go downtown, take the MAX light rail. Super easy and straight out of the terminal. If you want to get further out, get a car. The rail takes a while to get to the burbs.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For PDX, there's no shuttle to go to the car rentals. Once out of the terminal past TSA, you take escalators down to the baggage claim level. From there, I think you go down another level, cross under the street and then walk to the various entrances of the parking structure. I can't remember if the rental car desks are the same level as baggage claim or lower. Regardless, you're covered from the weather the entire time getting to a vehicle.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
i get into PDX sat afternoon and would like to run around town for the day. there are a few coffee shops and retailers i want to check out.
to get to the rental car pickup/drop off do you need to take a shuttle or is it walkable? i really hate the shuttles and am debating using the train if it's a real PITA. i'd be much more limited on what and where i can cover with the train though, so i'm weighing the options.

thx

Was there just last month. Easy walk to the car rentals and there really isn't better access into the city. I didn't use the train at all so I'm not sure about their system's efficiency.

Only issue I had was there is not a gas station easily accessible when returning the car. Take the exit prior to the airport to fill the take before returning the car.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: PDX people, airport/car rental question [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx for the replies.
since walking is an option i'll be getting a car. i'm staying across the street from the clakamas train station and can make it into town easy enough via train, but the train won't let me access some of the stores id like to get too. i'll be returning the car sunday morning, and while i admit it's kind of a petty issue, i just hate dealing with shuttles especially when i'm returning a car to make a flight.

thanks for the intel everyone.
j-

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
thx for the replies.
since walking is an option i'll be getting a car. i'm staying across the street from the clakamas train station and can make it into town easy enough via train, but the train won't let me access some of the stores id like to get too. i'll be returning the car sunday morning, and while i admit it's kind of a petty issue, i just hate dealing with shuttles especially when i'm returning a car to make a flight.

thanks for the intel everyone.
j-

If you like beer, the DeSchuttes Brewpub downtown is pretty good. There are quite a few downtown besides DeSchuttes also.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two of the places i wanted to hit were danner boots and courier coffee, i saw the deschutes brewery just north of the danner store. i was thinking about dropping in there, so it's worth the stop?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
two of the places i wanted to hit were danner boots and courier coffee, i saw the deschutes brewery just north of the danner store. i was thinking about dropping in there, so it's worth the stop?

Yes, definitely stop by Deschutes if you can.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just don't rent from Budget. All their cars are offsite.

Otherwise you should be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

Although I spelled it wrong, I did think it was worth the stop. I sat there on a Sunday afternoon watching football and sampling beer. The Elk burger was pretty good too.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks like a late lunch/earlyy dinner shall be had at the brewery.
i had elk maybe...20 yrs ago. worked with with a guy from idaho who would bring meat like that to our parties in texas.
a stout with some elk sounds pretty good i think.

thanks all.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:

thx

Just spend all your time and money here: http://www.kellsportland.com/

You're welcome.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: PDX people, airport/car rental question [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Madduck wrote:

thx

Just spend all your time and money here: http://www.kellsportland.com/

You're welcome.

I saw that and almost went there but DeSchutes was a closer walk.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply