BleP, did you beat me to this one too?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I beat you to it here...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmm... how edgy.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone figured it out.

Let me reply for the LR righty braintrust...

Pocahontas... shrill... commie... wrong...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't care.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love stories like this.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I beat you to it here...

Man, that is horrific. Those drop off bins are constantly full and you wouldn't need a ladder for the ones around here, unless of course, you got very greedy.
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I beat you to it here...

Man, that is horrific. Those drop off bins are constantly full and you wouldn't need a ladder for the ones around here, unless of course, you got very greedy.

All of the ones around me have gone missing all of a sudden..........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After that earthquake cleaned up Haiti a little bit back in 2010, a bunch of those bins popped up for clothing donations. Turns out that they weren't going to Haiti, nor were the funds from the sale. I mean, I guess you could convert clothing donations into money, but how much? Either way, it was a scam, so I assumed most of them were and validated that by looking up a couple charities listed on those. Don't really see the point in donating into a bin unless you were just going to throw them away and are too lazy to go to goodwill. You don't get a receipt or anything and likely facilitating a scam.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The local homeless shelter, local refugee services, transition services for kids who have aged out of foster care, or deacon's conference are typically the best places to donate used clothing and have it actually go to real people. But even then they don't want someone's old, useless crap that nobody would wear anyway.

I wonder if Goodwill still allows you to fill out your own receipts and claim whatever value you write down for the donations.

TheForge wrote:
After that earthquake cleaned up Haiti a little bit back in 2010, a bunch of those bins popped up for clothing donations. Turns out that they weren't going to Haiti, nor were the funds from the sale. I mean, I guess you could convert clothing donations into money, but how much? Either way, it was a scam, so I assumed most of them were and validated that by looking up a couple charities listed on those. Don't really see the point in donating into a bin unless you were just going to throw them away and are too lazy to go to goodwill. You don't get a receipt or anything and likely facilitating a scam.
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I love stories like this.

I have started to realize that you are the one most like me on the forum...but I hate this story... which is why we are so different...
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is Fauxcahotas by the way.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

I saw a new name for her today... Spreading Bull

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
The local homeless shelter, local refugee services, transition services for kids who have aged out of foster care, or deacon's conference are typically the best places to donate used clothing and have it actually go to real people. But even then they don't want someone's old, useless crap that nobody would wear anyway.

I wonder if Goodwill still allows you to fill out your own receipts and claim whatever value you write down for the donations.

TheForge wrote:

Yes they do. They don't want to go on record assessing value. They assume if you lie its on you.

Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

I like it.

Fauxcahontas 2020!!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
H- wrote:

Ha! That is awesome. I think all of the politicians are from that tribe.
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Billabong wrote:
H- wrote:

Ha! That is awesome. I think all of the politicians are from that tribe.

My local talk show guy in the morning call her Stands with the Unions
Quote Reply
Re: Nevertheless, she persisted [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply