Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whcih roka goggles similar to TYR special ops?
Quote | Reply
GOing to try out some roka goggles.. which one comes closest to the fit of TYR special opps? R1? X1? F2?
Quote Reply
Re: Whcih roka goggles similar to TYR special ops? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F2:

https://www.roka.com/collections/goggles/products/f2-goggle?lshst=collection

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By all means give a new product a try but those special ops are hard to beat for open water. I went down the roka road myself with goggles but came running back to the special ops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The R1's are excellent goggles

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
GOing to try out some roka goggles.. which one comes closest to the fit of TYR special opps? R1? X1? F2?

I'm a longtime Special Ops fan, both in the pool and open water, who's also a Roka fanboy, so I've tried almost all or all the Roka goggles. The major difference is that the gasket on the Special Ops is unusually wide while the Roka gaskets are all fairly narrow. As a result, all the Rokas hurt my face in a way the Special Ops does not. It's a shame, because I really like the Rokas otherwise, and the Special Ops aren't as fog resistant as the Rokas (or many other goggles), that's my major complaint about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Whcih roka goggles similar to TYR special ops? [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreene wrote:
By all means give a new product a try but those special ops are hard to beat for open water. I went down the roka road myself with goggles but came running back to the special ops.

This was me as well. When the R1s came out I excitedly picked up a pair, and within a week was back to wearing my specops and blueseventy hydra-visions.
Quote Reply
Re: Whcih roka goggles similar to TYR special ops? [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingScot wrote:
mdgreene wrote:

This was me as well. When the R1s came out I excitedly picked up a pair, and within a week was back to wearing my specops and blueseventy hydra-visions.

x3

Tried the Roka goggles (X1 and F2) and immediately went back to the Tyr Spec Ops. They seemed nice enough but didn't fit my face right and leaked like a sieve.

I'm willing to sell the Roka goggles. Each used about 3x.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Feb 9, 17 6:16
Quote Reply
Re: Whcih roka goggles similar to TYR special ops? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
FlyingScot wrote:
mdgreene wrote:

x3

Tried the Roka goggles (X1 and F2) and immediately went back to the Tyr Spec Ops. They seemed nice enough but didn't fit my face right and leaked like a sieve.

x4.

I was able to get a decent seal with the Rokas and the lenses are super clear (it's almost like looking through glass instead of plastic) but, ultimately, they were painful to wear for an extended period of time. Goggles can be very personal though so YMMV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mainly use the special ops for open water swims. I got a free pair of F2's at a race. When they would seal correctly (~50% of the time) they worked great. I've gone back to the special ops for open water and Speedo Vanquishers in the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Whcih roka goggles similar to TYR special ops? [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I guess I got the feedback I needed.

I've gone through several different goggles but the special ops is really the only one that fits well. I guess don't fix something that isn't broken!

Will get another pair of special ops today :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Rokas are VERY nice; however, fit is everything and they, in my experience, fit narrower than the TYR . . . too narrow for me.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply