Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trail Races in St Croix ?
Quote | Reply
I may be relocating to St. Croix for work for about a year and was wondering if anyone knew of any good trail races in that part of the world?
Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Trail Races in St Croix ? [EDL2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a specific answer to your question, but I will say that after the St. Croix 70.3 a few years back my wife and I ventured out to Buck Island. It is an island off of St. Croix and a National Monument. The beaches and snorkeling there are world class and its totally deserted. There is an beautiful, albeit short, series of trails around island with amazing views. You could probably run the whole island in under an hour for sure, even with breaks for pictures and water. We ran the trails out there and loved it!

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Re: Trail Races in St Croix ? [DougEFresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info,have heard great things about Bucks Island,good to know the trails are runnable as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't think of many great trails on St Croix other then desolate red clay roads that head into the rain forest.

If you can jump over to St John, trails are awesome. None are very long but they are a blast to run. Rocks, roots, some elevation and most end at a quiet beach where you can cool off before heading out for more.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St John has a trail race coming up. it's a half marathon using roads to connect to the trails. we are a seaplane ride of about 20 mins. from the big island. look up Facebook st john trail race for info.
Quote Reply