Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

hope no one else is flying united today
Quote | Reply
they're having computer issues today and large aircraft are running hours behind. its looking like my vacation starts 9 hours late.

im guessing its because their ceo has been giving trump a hard time ;)

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: hope no one else is flying united today [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE AIRLINE and failing @UnitedAirlines and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its the Y2.017K bug finally manifesting itself.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: hope no one else is flying united today [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE AIRLINE and failing @UnitedAirlines and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity!

Sorry, I have checked the alternative facts and I have to correct you: it's not a fake airline. It's a so-called airline.
Carry on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope it is fixed by Friday!

But, my flight last night was uneventful and on time.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weird, Delta and I think American ran into this issue each over the last couple of months. Crazy how archaic the heavily regulated computer systems are in the airline industry. I would imagine it is years of stop gap patches that addressed small issues a the time now in conflict.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: hope no one else is flying united today [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Weird, Delta and I think American ran into this issue each over the last couple of months. Crazy how archaic the heavily regulated computer systems are in the airline industry. I would imagine it is years of stop gap patches that addressed small issues a the time now in conflict.
so true, more fatigue than the airframes.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

exactly. as an added bonus we just spent more on an airport brunch than we will all week in mexico!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
TheForge wrote:

exactly. as an added bonus we just spent more on an airport brunch than we will all week in mexico!
But you won't get Montezuma's Revenge....

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: hope no one else is flying united today [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
veganerd wrote:
TheForge wrote:

But you won't get Montezuma's Revenge....

true, but i packed some immodium just in case. finally about to take off, 5 1/2 hours later than planned.

Last edited by: veganerd: Feb 8, 17 11:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Was a story on NPR about this recently and they claimed part of it was layering different systems on top of each other after large mergers (e.g United and Continental) and the underlying systems just can't handle it.

Still better than flying in the northeast tomorrow... flights already being cancelled due to the nor'easter
Last edited by: shannon1: Feb 8, 17 13:46
Quote Reply