Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just rep;lying to last thread. Does anyone think he is doing this on purpose? I mean if you believe a lie to be true then it is no longer a lie.

Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
However, if the number is made out of whole cloth, whomever gave him the number needs to be fired.

Windy,

Nobody "gave" him that number. He just makes shit up. And says it.

Then his team spends the next two days defending, deflecting and spinning what he actually said.

That has to be the worst job on the planet right now.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
See above. That is NOT what I said.

When you say "it" has been going on for the last 8 years, then you are saying "it" for Obama is the same as "it" for Trump. It is not. Not even close to the same thing.

Rodred, you don't have to rationalize this. You don't work for Trump.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Just rep;lying to last thread. Does anyone think he is doing this on purpose? I mean if you believe a lie to be true then it is no longer a lie.

I don't. From what I've read and seen he's just not a detail person, doesn't read much if at all, basically has other people do all the heavy lifting and he makes on the fly decisions without much reflection or anything. I believe the author who wrote his book has described him as possibly the worse case of ADHD he's ever seen.

I imagine what happened is he picked this fact up off of TV or twitter or heard it said, misinterpreted it, started using it and now when it's been pointed out to him it's wrong, his pride and narcissism won't let him back track and so he doubles down.
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big question here is whether crime is an issue. Trump knows that he doesn't have to get the facts precisely right as long as he comes down on right side of issue.

Crime is always an issue, everyone knows crime exists.

Trump isn't just getting facts "precisely right" he is completely distorting reality by using what appears to be a precise fact but is actually a number plucked out of thin air. It sounds right when he says the murder rate went up by 47%. If the murder rate actually went up 35% or 26% you might have a point but even then, why not just use the facts that everyone can find in a few minutes.

When a President says things that are blatantly false it cuts to his credibility. It is just going to increase the amount of coverage he gets simply because people know he lies at will.

In this case, since he said the exact opposite of what is true, he isn't on the right side of the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link to a story where Obama blatantly lied about a statistic that no one disputes, and which the media completely ignored?

The fact that you ask for proof simply proves my point. If you honestly have to ask.....

I asked because I can't think of a time when Obama got up and stated something factually wrong (not an opinion but an established fact) and the media ignored it.

Administrations will often tweak the facts by picking and choosing numbers that support them. They might say the unemployment rate is 6.3% when it's actually 6.7% or they might say the economy is improving when some areas are improving but many are not. But, I can't recall Obama clearly twisting a n established and easily verifiable fact that is in fact that complete opposite of reality, and where the media completely ignored it.

Since you imply there are so many examples, it must be pretty easy to fine 1.
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I asked because I can't think of a time when Obama got up and stated something factually wrong (not an opinion but an established fact) and the media ignored it.

If the media ignored it, you wouldn't likely know, would you?

But of course Obama didn't lie like this. His lies were more of the standard political lies and deliberately false narratives, and yeah, the mainstream media gave him a pass on a lot of those, or even took part in pushing the narrative.

Trump's lies are psycho stuff.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
False equivalency. Every politician lies. Some more than others.

What Trump is doing is continually lying about easily verifiable stuff.

THIS is the difference and it's a BIG one.

Indeed, many politicians stretch the truth on things. The Trump supporters and Obama dislikers on here are always quick to point out that Obama stretched the truth more than ounce - and he did.

The difference is that, Trump does this with almost everything that he says and it's not just a stretch of the truth, it's often an out-right, baldfaced lie! He also ad-libs on things and makes stuff up as he rambles and blusters along!

Trump, his team and supporters then accuse the media of being dishonest and making stuff up!! What you need to do with Trump, is NOT listen to the sound bites, or the reported stories written by writers, but to the speeches and the interviews in their entirety. The media is NOT filtering/editing this - this is Trump being Trump! He blusters. He blunders. He lies. He brags. He boasts. He makes stuff up. He offends and on and on.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If the media ignored it, you wouldn't likely know, would you?

That's why I asked Rodred for an example. He said Obama lied about easily verifiable facts all the time and the media ignored it. I was wondering how he knew of so many cases if they weren't reported on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The big question here is whether crime is an issue. Trump knows that he doesn't have to get the facts precisely right as long as he comes down on right side of issue.

Trump isn't just getting facts "precisely right" he is completely distorting reality by using what appears to be a precise fact but is actually a number plucked out of thin air. It sounds right when he says the murder rate went up by 47%. If the murder rate actually went up 35% or 26% you might have a point but even then, why not just use the facts that everyone can find in a few minutes.

When a President says things that are blatantly false it cuts to his credibility. It is just going to increase the amount of coverage he gets simply because people know he lies at will.

In this case, since he said the exact opposite of what is true, he isn't on the right side of the issue.

Of course crime is always an issue. However, there are times when it is more expedient for the challenger to attack the incumbent party with regard to the issue. There is a perception in US that murder is increasing. Numbers in Chicago are alarming (Trump hits that) and also the FACT that recently, under Obama, we had the highest increase in murder rate in 50 years (according the CNN article in OP).

He should be saying "highest murder rate increase" not "highest nuder rate." He is missing one word.

The CNN graph shows the uptick. That is the issue. Not the overall rate.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Of course crime is always an issue. However, there are times when it is more expedient for the challenger to attack the incumbent party with regard to the issue. There is a perception in US that murder is increasing. Numbers in Chicago are alarming (Trump hits that) and also the FACT that recently, under Obama, we had the highest increase in murder rate in 50 years (according the CNN article in OP).

He should be saying "highest murder rate increase" not "highest nuder rate." He is missing one word.

Our of curiosity was the uptick 47%? That's seems pretty significant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

No. I don't know where that poster pulled 47% from. Nobody was talking about percentages.

Trump did use some percentages in his convention speech:
Trump said, "Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this Administration’s rollback of criminal enforcement. Homicides last year increased by 17 percent in America’s 50 largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years."

And that claim was true.

But it's entirely different from saying we have the highest murder rate in in 25 or 47 years. We don't, by a long shot.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
SH wrote:
I don't want to defend lying. Liars like this look stupid when they are caught, and Trump looks stupid. I'm just trying to show the larger context that lets him "get away with it".

How long will he be able to "get away" with it? Only three weeks in so far and already its getting old.

Does he "get away" with it? Seems to me he doesn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
H- wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

My uptick is more than 47% when the nuder rate goes up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save your breath, Rod makes up the same shit all the time and when called out for proof, he never provides it. He is consistent in his bullshit.
Quote Reply
Re: US Murder Rate at 45 year high [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh great, look what the cat dragged in.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply

Prev Next