Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist
Quote | Reply
Can someone explain this to me? I can't get my head around Cross's argument.

In less than a year NM driver's licenses to no longer valid proof of identification for boarding an aircraft by the TSA standards.

I'm missing the racist piece of this puzzle.

Quote:
The nation's only Latina governor is denouncing a claim by a white former mayor of Santa Fe that she is a racist because of her effort to make it more difficult for people in New Mexico illegally to get driver's licenses.

http://www.kvia.com/...-is-racist/317185393

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

In less than a year NM driver's licenses to no longer valid proof of identification for boarding an aircraft by the TSA standards.

Quote:
The nation's only Latina governor is denouncing a claim by a white former mayor of Santa Fe that she is a racist because of her effort to make it more difficult for people in New Mexico illegally to get driver's licenses.

Does she pass the test?

Is she a Democrat?

Is she for open borders?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a democrat? she is a racist (whatever the Latino version of uncle Tom or house slave is)
Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Not a democrat? she is a racist (whatever the Latino version of uncle Tom or house slave is)

There ya have it, must be a racist. Probably anti woman and homophobic too.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minorities who don't toe the Democratic Party line aren't really minorities. Just ask every Latino, Black, Asian, Indian... you get the point.

jmh wrote:

Quote:

Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
windywave wrote:

Uncle Jose?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Tio Tomas.

My wife has a Tio Tom. He's white.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Quote:

This is not so much a race thing (although the Santa Fe mayor is trying to make it) as it is more about the fact that a majority of the population, including those in government, still don't recognize New Mexico as on of our 50. I can tell you from experience, having lived in New Mexico (we moved from Santa Fe to NC in 2002), I used to get crap from the TSA after 9/11 because they either 1. Didn't think NM was a state & 2. they thought my NM driver's license was from another country.

If I read the article correctly, the governess wants to educate (and not confuse) legal and illegal citizens of the USA that New Mexico is really the 47th state.
Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
jmh wrote:

Quote:

This is not so much a race thing (although the Santa Fe mayor is trying to make it) as it is more about the fact that a majority of the population, including those in government, still don't recognize New Mexico as on of our 50. I can tell you from experience, having lived in New Mexico (we moved from Santa Fe to NC in 2002), I used to get crap from the TSA after 9/11 because they either 1. Didn't think NM was a state & 2. they thought my NM driver's license was from another country.

If I read the article correctly, the governess wants to educate (and not confuse) legal and illegal citizens of the USA that New Mexico is really the 47th state.

Say what? This entire post makes no sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
jmh wrote:

Quote:

Say what? This entire post makes no sense.

Again, this has nothing to do with racism. The white mayor of Santa Fe is a bomb thrower.

I understand that my theory makes no sense, but you have to have lived in New Mexico to understand what I am referring to - a majority of this country doesn't realize that New Mexico is really a state. By making it more difficult for those illegally in the state to obtain a driver's license, she is also stopping the profiting from an overall ignorance when it comes to the status of New Mexico's statehood.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
- a majority of this country doesn't realize that New Mexico is really a state.

I find it hard to believe that a "majority" of 'MURICA!!! doesn't realize that New Mexico is really a state.

#alternativefacts

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I understand that my theory makes no sense, but you have to have lived in New Mexico to understand what I am referring to - a majority of this country doesn't realize that New Mexico is really a state. By making it more difficult for those illegally in the state to obtain a driver's license, she is also stopping the profiting from an overall ignorance when it comes to the status of New Mexico's statehood.

I'd like to see something that supports the highlighted statement. Sure we have ignorant people in this country, but I didn't realize a majority didn't know NM was a state. Sure there are some, but the majority seems like hyperbole.

I don't live in NM, but I can see NM from my front door- literally, not in the Sarah Palin sense- and my parents resided there so I am somewhat familiar with NM's politics.

Up until Nov of 2016, they had most open process for obtaining a state issued ID in the country. Last Nov, as a bipartisan compromise, they began to offer "Real IDs" that are federally recognized and "Driver Authorization Cards- DAC" that are not. The DACs are offered to everyone, including illegal/undocumented immigrants, with no more documentation than was previously required for a Driver's License.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bingo!

Was born in Las Cruces while my dad was working at White Sands missile range back in mid 60's.

When I tell people where I was born, probably 80% say: "Oh, do you have dual citizenship?"

-moyes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone that was born, raised, and lived the entirety of his life outside of New Mexico (minus two weeks working in Albq) I have never even heard of the notion that people (outside of New Mexico) believe that New Mexico is not part of the United States, much less in any widespread capacity.

Is this one of those, "I guess you had to be there" scenarios?

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
As someone that was born, raised, and lived the entirety of his life outside of New Mexico (minus two weeks working in Albq) I have never even heard of the notion that people (outside of New Mexico) believe that New Mexico is not part of the United States, much less in any widespread capacity.

Is this one of those, "I guess you had to be there" scenarios?

Pick up a copy of New Mexico Magazine and flip to "One of our 50 Is Missing" , and maybe you will understand this perspective.

Trust me, I had many a "not recognized" as a state over the years. From good 'ol boys here in NC thinking I was "white Mexican" (even after showing a valid NM driver's license), to a manufacturer not wanting me to rep their product line because I "lived in a foreign country".
Quote Reply
Re: White Mayor calls Latina NM Governor Racist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must be all those highly educated blue states out east. I've never met anyone who doesn't know that NM is part of this country. I have met residents of NYC who didn't realize the entire country doesn't have subways but I have found most NYrs are clueless as to what goes on outside of their little bubble.

BLeP wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:

- a majority of this country doesn't realize that New Mexico is really a state.

I find it hard to believe that a "majority" of 'MURICA!!! doesn't realize that New Mexico is really a state.

#alternativefacts
Quote Reply