Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Cdh
Re: Enderby/Salmon Arm and Area Cyclists [Cdh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the Strava heat map.

It's been 10 years since I've ridden out there but there are plenty of great roads in the Vernon-Enderby-Salmon Arm triangle.
Almost everything in there is paved.
Grandview Bench has some great stuff too, but some of it gravel.
I remember a scorching hot day on Salmon River road and stopping for coke in Salmon Arm.

Highways 97,97, 97B are busy but not my first choice.

Silverstar is a good climb.

I've always wanted to ride Trinity Valley, but it's gravel.

You could also ride the west side of OK lake to Kelowna, across the bridge and back.

Unpopular opinion, but I like the cycling in that area better than the South Okanagan.
If you are willing to do gravel, most of it is hard packed and baked in the sun and can be ridden on road tires...
Quote Reply
Re: Enderby/Salmon Arm and Area Cyclists [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. That is a big help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of great routes. Pretty much anything north of Vernon, South of Salmon Arm, is good. Highway of course is busier than backroads, but not too bad to ride for a bit if needed. Fairly wide shoulders, but usually lots of bits of stuff in shoulders, not kept swept/clean after initial sweep in March/April.

Enderby back road, salmon river road, canyon road, the road near larch hills (don't remember name), knobb hill. All good.

If you want a challenging climbing day from Vernon you can do what us locals call the 'dumb ass triple bypass'- climb to sparkling hill, then up the Rise (golf), then

Get a hold of me if you are looking for a group and I can refer you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh and if you are racing IMC, a good simulation ride is: Vernon to predator, then Lumby or Armstrong, then another climb - predator is good, or silverstar - if you are much stronger than me :). Climb, flat, climb.
Quote Reply