Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone Else Here Getting Sketchy Data from their Tickr X?
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the vast majority of my runs indoors on a treadmill this year and, because deep down I'm lazy, I picked up a Wahoo Tickr X to record my runs. I just like Wahoo's iPhone app: two taps and I send the workout to Training Peaks vs Garmin Connect where I there's a constant battle of "why isn't my watch syncing to my phone... why isn't the app pushing my run up the cloud..."

Anyways, my Tickr X gives me good heart rate and cadence data but my run paces are all over the map! Anyone else having similar issues? Should I just invest in a footpod? Any recomendations for a footpod that would play nice with Wahoo's app?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Here Getting Sketchy Data from their Tickr X? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Anyways, my Tickr X gives me good heart rate and cadence data but my run paces are all over the map!

mine doesn't even give me good HR data, so you're doing better than i am.
Last edited by: climber7: Feb 7, 17 12:38
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Here Getting Sketchy Data from their Tickr X? [climber7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a bummer :(
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Here Getting Sketchy Data from their Tickr X? [climber7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
climber7 wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Anyways, my Tickr X gives me good heart rate and cadence data but my run paces are all over the map!

mine doesn't even give me good HR data, so you're doing better than i am.

What is wrong with the HR data you get from it?

I just got one and noticed that my heart rates are reporting a bit lower than from my old Garmin soft strap.

I can tell you I am not terribly pleased with the attachment mechanism. Those snaps come undone too easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is sitting in a drawer for the same reason. I can get good HR if I use it with my Garmin, but the same data on the Wahoo App is 5 - 10 bpm higher. So, not useful to me, as the only time I wanted to use it was on a treadmill and with the App.

BTW pace and distance was all over the place even after numerous calibrations. But I could live with that, as I could edit the file... for whatever reason, HR being off I simply couldn't tolerate.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Here Getting Sketchy Data from their Tickr X? [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
What is wrong with the HR data you get from it?

it just doesn't seem to maintain a good connection/reading. HR will get "stuck" at beginning or end of an interval - e.g. i'll be jogging at 130 bpm, i'll start running hard, and 30 seconds later, it still says 130. it just loses the connection really easily. same thing with high-intensity stuff - it might read ok for the first part of an interval, and then it'll get "stuck" again and not change for the remainder.

i also have a polar strap/garmin transmitter combo, and that works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone Else Here Getting Sketchy Data from their Tickr X? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find the only time I get sketchy data is at the start of a workout before I get good and sweaty (especially in the winter). If the skin/monitor contact points are wet, data is good. And because there's no such thing as TMI in triathlon, I'll tell you a little astroglide helps keep the contacts wet before you work up a sweat. YMMV... I don't use it for run pace and I don't run on a treadmill. I only use it for HR and cadence. Also, I wait till the very last second to put on my TickrX... if it goes to sleep, I find it takes time to reconnect or doesn't reconnect at all when I start my workout.
Quote Reply