Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Northern CA Beer drinkers
Quote | Reply
So all you folks out that that enjoy a nice cold one after a hard(or not) day, I have something for you to try if you live north of Fresno or there about. This brewery(Headlands) was nice enough to sponsor the road shows all over Northern CA, even though they only sold in the Bay Area. Well they just got into all of the Whole Foods stores in the northern part of the state, so pretty much anyone can access them without too much trouble.

So why am I posting this up, well first of all they are friends of mine who are the brewers of their beers, they have won some national awards, and the Hill 88(double IPA) is in my top 3 favorites nationally. They are all endurance athletes, are active in the endurance sports community, and they support many of the sports including the road shows we put on here without any real benefit at the time other than just wanting to be part of the party.

It was a big deal for them to get into all the Whole Foods, so if you a mind too, please go over and give them a try, I think you will be pleased with one or all of their offers. I'm not even a Pilsner fan, but got down to just having them left in the fridge and was pleasantly surprised. Believe this beer won a bronze medal in some national craft beer contest, I can see why.

Use this thread to let me know what you think. They also have a Hefe, but it is only on tap up north, so I haven't got to try it yet. But my friends have been raving about it, so if you hit a bar with it let me know how that one goes too...

Here are the beers; http://www.headlandsbrewing.com
Quote Reply
Re: Northern CA Beer drinkers [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll definitely try them out when I see it.

Do they have a tap room at the brewery? Didn't see one on the website. I'm up in SF once or twice a month and would stop by. I can stop by whole foods too, but tap would be better.
Quote Reply
Re: Northern CA Beer drinkers [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just got a new CEO and tap room is high on their list, so not yet. They have lots of draft accounts, but not sure where they are at the moment, I will see if they have a current list of draft accounts.

They went a different direction than most craft brew start ups, they decided to get the beer out there and selling before investing in a lot of infrastructure and beer making capacity. Lots of companies raise a ton of money, spend it all on startup costs, and and haven't even sold a beer or know if people will like it. These guys wanted to get the product out there first, make sure there was a market for it and people liked it before investing in tap rooms and production. They are there now, ready for the next step up. A successful Whole Foods campaign will help them to that next level..

Thanks Alan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they are in Whole Foods I'll pick some up Saturday. Thanks for the tip.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Northern CA Beer drinkers [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good deal let me know what you think. Gave a Hill 88 yesterday to a friend who said he didn't even like IPA's, and he was very surprised. Guess he expected one of those super hoppy beers, but 9% went down as smooth as a Corona..(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wife and I tried it tonight. We both thought it reminded us of the fruitiness of Blue Moon.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Bummer they are not in Seattle area as I love a good pilsner, I'll still look for them in Whole Foods for the heck of it.
Last edited by: Uncle Arqyle: Feb 12, 17 19:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks,
Helpful contribution, as I don't like 'perfumed' beers.

jkca1 wrote:
The wife and I tried it tonight. We both thought it reminded us of the fruitiness of Blue Moon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which beer did you and your wife try? And thanks for giving them a taste, just want to get some feedback on which ones people are drinking and match that up with their experience. Might be a chance for all you road show ST'ers to give them all a try at the upcoming road shows at the end of march too. Who doesn't love free beer!!!
Quote Reply