Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your Crank Length? 2017 version........... [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You want shorter cranks and a lower saddle? I had the answer back in the day (ca 2007):

I didn't love these, so I had Tom at HS Cycle make me some of these:

These all worked great. The problem was the aero advantage of getting lower with shorter cranks was negated by the increased q-factor.

There were also the somewhat dangerous "Sidemount Pedals"

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Side_Mount_Pedals_-_create_my_tests_P1230642/

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Feb 8, 17 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: What's your Crank Length? 2017 version........... [D.K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Started at 172.5 but hip flexors were to tight in aero. Now at 165 for the last two years.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on 165 since 2013. I'm 5'11 and 170. Inseam is 35.5 inches.

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
172.5 on my road and cross bikes. My new tt build has 165mm cranks. Ran 170's but I've drank the Koolaid but have not had a chance to ride them since I'm waiting on a part to finish the build.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your Crank Length? 2017 version........... [MattRussellTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
170mm on my tri bike, tried 165's several years ago but my power was lower for the 2 months I used them. Every time I've tried to use 165's I didn't like them but I really think it's phycological.

170mm on my road bike

170mm on my MTB down from 175's only because I rebuilt it and thought I was on 170's if the first place. Honestly don't notice the difference.

64 inches tall with an inseam of 27 inches
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11" and 175lbs.

TT bike - 170
Road bike - 172.5
Mountain bike - 175

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri - formerly 165mm and now waiting on 155mm
Road - 170mm

5'6" and 145lbs

http://www.clperformancetraining.com
http://www.pillasport.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 10' 160, but with long arms and legs and a short torso, I switched from 172.5 to 170 to get a little more clearence from my legs hitting my chest when I'm tucked in the drops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
46K, 1.5m, 145 cranks
Quote Reply
Re: What's your Crank Length? 2017 version........... [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'11 155lbs. 52:xx 40k, 4:45 IM split, 2:46 open marathon pb @45yrs old. I ride 175mm on my road and tt bike, Rotor Q rings on my tt bike, standard rings on my road bike. But I am from a cycling background, and I tried short arms and they sucked for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6' 4", 170 lb, 36" inseam. I use 170s on a road bike. Can't use a tri bike anymore due to neck issues.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your Crank Length? 2017 version........... [Tucsontriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5' 11" 79cm seat height, 51 low 40k at 350+ watts on 160mm cranks, 155 were fine too. I do a lot of testing training on my Retul Muv. I dont believe in ideal crank length. I believe in ideal ranges of crank length. Mine is probably 150-160 at 16cm of drop. Any longer on the crank and either the power goes down or the front end goes up.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your Crank Length? 2017 version........... [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
68cmish Saddle Height

170s on all bikes after switching about 8 years ago from 172.5. Never going back!

It took more than a year for it to feel natural.
Quote Reply

Prev Next