Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick HRM strap question
Quote | Reply
Work will buy me a new strap (part of a wellness initiative). Budget is $110. Is it worth it to get the "TRI" strap (I have a 920XT)....or, just stick with the "premium" version?

Strap-wise, I have a 2010 version that I bought with my 310. It's finally worn out (I guess). I replaced the battery, last year. I rinse the strap, almost after each use.....and I can never depend on it to pick up the HRM anymore.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick HRM strap question [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not buy a Garmin heart rate strap. I've had 3 in a row not survive the first battery change.

My wife and I now use Scoche optical monitors. More comfortable, no battery, ANT+ and BLE protocols. About the same price.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only have luck with the Garmin hard straps, all their other straps I don't find work well at all. That is just me, and truth be told, I don't rinse it, or care for it well. I've replaced the battery a few times (no issues). The one that came with the 910xt was a soft strap, and it died RIGHT away, which is what made me switch to this: https://www.amazon.com/...ard+heart+rate+strap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far I'm having good luck with the newer Garmin soft strap that comes with the Edge 520. It's the one with four electrode contact points against your skin instead of two. No issues after two years of usage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am another vote for the Rhythm+. I have a couple different chest straps, but I never want to wear one again. For me, they are uncomfortable because they cut into my chest on long runs. I have both hard and soft straps with the same issue. Plus, sometimes they fall down. The Scosche never fails (except the one or two times I did not recharge it, but that was on me).
Quote Reply
Re: Quick HRM strap question [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI...the scoshe rhythm + is on sale right now for $59 bucks. Lots of people love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick HRM strap question [itritoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered the Scoshe, yesterday. We'll see :)

Thanks for your (collective) input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you get the scoche in UK though? I can't find it anywhere :(
Quote Reply