Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon
Quote | Reply
My 29 yr/old daughter is getting married in April. They are looking at taking their Honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean. They make very good money and want to do a great trip, but not necessarily get ripped off with a $1K a nite resort. Just looking for any and all input on destinations/hotels, etc. that are classy but reasonable with plenty of options for good food, beaches, water fun etc. Any ideas are appreciated! Only the Bahamas are out because we have a time-share there that they can use another time.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [Mike D1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anguilla great house.

Beach is outrageously amazing and it's one of the better values in that area.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/...nguilla.html?m=19904

If they are looking to spend more then cap juluca and the cuisine art hotels would fit the bill.

Damn! Now I want to go there again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear windywave can give you some great recommendations for Cuba!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im going to isla mujeres in a couple days. ive never been but ive only heard good things about it. its small, laid back, island close enough to take day trips to many other areas as well. there are a couple of all inclusive resorts and hotels but we booked an air b&b for the week.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Peter Island Resort in the British Virgins. Went there a couple of times 10 yrs ago. Only thing on the island is the resort. Very very quiet and private. Well worth the money they charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virgin Gorda, BVi

Tons of sweet Villa options. The island is beautiful with a plethora of great restaurants and beaches.

If they want the resort type experience Bitter End Yacht Club is very nice

Guana Island is spectacular as well. Private island with very few rooms so, obviously, no crowds.

http://www.guana.com

If they like boats they could also look into a crewed charter for the week. The advantage to that is that you get to see and experience much more of what the islands have to offer.
Last edited by: chriskal: Feb 5, 17 12:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aruba

Low Rise district for low-key condo area with beautiful beach (best if you rent a car)
High Rise district - standard resort places, much busier with more people, but probably more all-inclusive type places (likely wouldn't need a car)
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I hear windywave can give you some great recommendations for Cuba!

I know I could, but then windywave would highjack the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friends and I are finally getting our shit together and going in May. I'd be happy to hear some recommendations.

Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you're going. Too bad you can't bring windywave along in your backpack.:-) I can give you lots of recs, but it depends on the type of holiday that you're looking for. PM me sometime if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll definitely be in touch at some point!

Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info everyone, appreciate it! Will look it over tomorrow and forward to daughter and fiance. Any further info is certainly helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for Caribbean Honeymoon [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya - Anguilla right on the beach reasonable (not much reasonable there) turtles nest resort. Wonderful quiet, friendly island. And need action - head over to SXM. Beaches out of this world and empty

Virgin gorda also wonderful out of the way. go here if they want to spend more time sailing (hire) through the virgin islands. Best here is to rent a house, we prefer North Sound - but up a bit on the hill to get the trade winds.
Last edited by: keepcycling: Feb 5, 17 15:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The suggestion of Peter Island is a great idea. While I've not been there we have sailed around the island and heard great stories about the resort. Scrub Island is another BVI island and the Marriott branded resort gets good reviews.

If they go to the BVI/USVI they'll want to visit the other islands on day trips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Cap Juluca in Anguila. That's where we went on our honeymoon. Fantastic

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go to somewhere in Mexico over somewhere in Jamaica (the service in Mexican resorts was better than the one I stayed in Jamaica). One of my fav resorts is Live Aqua http://www.liveaqua.com/en/home in Cancun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best beaches I've ever seen are in Turks & Caicos. We stayed at an awesome all-inclusive called The Veranda - unfortunately it has since been purchased by Sandals/Beaches, but from what I can tell it has retained some of its independent character.

We did our honeymoon at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun in Mexico. This isn't my favorite part of the Caribbean as far as beaches go, but the resort is spectacular (my favorite all-inclusive to date) and there is a ton of stuff to do in the area between Cancun, Cozumel, Tulum, etc. Secrets is has other locations and they are a good honeymoon choice because they don't allow kids.

I know you said no Bahamas but I'm going to throw this out there anyway - Fernandez Bay Village on Cat Island is pretty awesome.
Quote Reply