Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do Shimano Direct Mount Brake Calipers Fit on Specialized Transition?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone confirm if the Shimano range of direct-mount brake calipers such as the 105 5810 or Dura Ace 9010 will fit on a Specialized Transition? Specifically the 7r carbon-frame Transition Pro circa 2008? If so, what are the best cabling options for these, will I need to ditch the stem-spacer-cable-hanger-thing? I've been wrenching by bikes for years but have zero experience of direct mount brakes so any input will be very helpful!

I'm aware that there are more aerodynamic options out there such as the TriRig Omega, but I need a quick solution to get me back on the road and Shimano gear is well stocked here in the UK.
Quote Reply
Re: Do Shimano Direct Mount Brake Calipers Fit on Specialized Transition? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can tell you that they will NOT fit. The TRP U-mount uses M8 screws, while Shimano Direct Mount uses M6. The spacing between the mounts is also different by about 1.5mm. Omega X is the only brake that works on both mounts, due to the way our special adapter works.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Do Shimano Direct Mount Brake Calipers Fit on Specialized Transition? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

How does your adapter work if the spacing between the mounting points is different? Is that 1.5mm difference due to the diameter of the different sized bosses or due to the actual mounting points on the frame?

I had a look at the Omega X installation video on your website (very helpful!) but couldn't see how the adapter would accommodate different specification mounting points.
Quote Reply
Re: Do Shimano Direct Mount Brake Calipers Fit on Specialized Transition? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1.5mm difference is the center to center distance between bores. Nothing to do with the screw size. Our adapter works because it's bores are just slightly oblong, and large enough to work for either standard.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply