Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jabra Sport Coach Wireless Earbuds Review - Caveat Emptor; Update: Jabra sent new earbuds
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of Jabra Sport Coach wireless earbuds late last Dec 2015 to use while working out. I was initially pleased with them. They had really good sound, stayed put in my ear even while jogging, and one charge lasted a good long while. However, approximately 3 months of use, they refused to turn on. There were no issues leading up to this; one day they simply wouldn't power on. I contacted Jabra by phone, and after emailing them the receipt and sending the old earbuds back to them, they promptly sent me a new pair. Their warranty service was fairly quick and painless, so kudos to them on that point. However, just a few days ago, the new pair again inexplicably refused to power on; the same issue as my first set, and if you look at the reviews on Amazon for these earbuds, the same issue many people have been having. I duly contacted Jabra about the issue, but given that I was outside the 1 year warranty by about 40 days, Jabra decided not to do anything other than offer me a 20% discount on another set of earbuds. Obviously, that is their prerogative given the warranty timeline, so I can't fault them for that. That being said, I would not advise anyone to purchase these particular earbuds as they are fairly pricey; I had the same issue with 2 sets; and after looking at the Amazon.com reviews, this particular issue seems to be fairly common, where the unit simply refuses to power back on at some point. If you are in the market for a set of Bluetooth earbuds, I would suggest that you avoid Jabra Sport Coach Wireless, given their apparent quality control issues.

Last edited by: spot: Mar 24, 17 16:16
Quote Reply
Re: Jabra Sport Coach Wireless Earbuds Review - Caveat Emptor [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had exactly the same issue after 3 months and a few days. Took them back to the retailer I got them from here in the U.K. (John Lewis), and exchanged them for something else.
Last edited by: simon1: Feb 4, 17 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Jabra Sport Coach Wireless Earbuds Review - Caveat Emptor [simon1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
simon1 wrote:
I had exactly the same issue after 3 months and a few days. Took them back to the retailer I got them from here in the U.K. (John Lewis), and exchanged them for something else.

I tried that, but Best Buy told me I had to deal with the manufacturer at that point.

Quote | Reply
Update: After looking at my case, Jabra decided to send me a new set of earbuds. I should note that they did this after the warranty period was over (by about 40 days or so), so kudos to them for standing behind their product.

Quote | Reply
I went through the exact same issue with a set of Jabra Sport Pulse ear phones. Worked great, loved them, only real issue was 4 hour battery life meant I needed to be charging them 2-3 times a week, but I could deal. However 9 months in just wouldn't turn on. Tried software updates etc. Was given a new pair by Jabra that also came in great, but quit working 3 months in. Even recommended them to someone in my office because I liked them so much at first, and he also ended up returning his for a refund. Have friends that use the Jaybirds, and one pair of those have died as well. Maybe I sweat a lot, but for me $200 headphones should last more than a year. It's the cheap ones for me from here on out.
Quote Reply