Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what?
Quote | Reply
They like Trump and think the wall is a great idea that will help them.

They also said Obama's policies were counter productive and made their job harder.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Last edited by: TheForge: Feb 4, 17 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I think the wall is a waste of time. But they don't. They also said the wall as most envision it isn't possible. But needs to fill gaps in harsh mountains. It would make certain area impenetrable so they would have fewer points to cover. They also said anybody who doesn't think the wall is a good idea has never been to the border or had to patrol it.

Pretty solid guys.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expected this to be a rant about how much better at shooting you are than the LEOs that you were teamed with. They must have been at least passably accurate......?

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely no surprise here. The GOP has always been kinder to law enforcement then the donkeys.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I was better than half of them. But the scores haven't been posted. I guess we'll see after they go up. Interestingly the hardest strung I did well on. It involved climbing a steep hill to three different shooting points. First we're paper targets within 10 yards. Put three rounds into each. Then claiming and engaging 4 steel targets ranging from 100-300 yards at variable heights. Climbing another thirty feet and shooting. The same targets. One guy blew through 100 rounds before he rang out of time at 180 seconds. I managed to finish in 73 I think and still had 10 rounds in my only mag I used. I don't know how the others did. They did better on the first thing. But this was the fiRat multigun match I have done in 6 years. And second match of any kind in that time. I also had a thirty lbs plate carrier on. Half of them were playing armor like me.

Pistol and long range shooting g has always been my sweet spot. Cqb with a carbine tends to be my weaker link.

Last edited by: TheForge: Feb 4, 17 15:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
It involved climbing a steep hill to three different shooting points.

What? No wall? Amateurs! :) j/k Competitive shooting sports seem to attract quite a few LEO's.
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I don't know the makeup as this is my first match. In florida, the league I shot in most was mostly current LE and former and active Military. THey made up two thirds of the crowd. There were about 55 people there. A lot of military and LE types, but I don't know.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That's nothing. I was in a gas station today and there were three black people, cashier and two others buying some stuff. They all proclaimed the following "Bring in the feds if that makes the place safer" and "I'm tired of paying "X" out of my paycheck in taxes...get a damn job and I hope Trump cuts the dole and creates some jobs to put people to work".

It's very stereotypical and possibly racist but the way the conversation went I would have sworn I was listening to radical right winged possibly rednecks conversing.

It was entirely unexpected.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever occur to you that there was a racist listening to the conversation?
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Not as unexpected as a post from Mjuric.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Shot a match today and was teamed with 8 Border Patrol agents. Guess what? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I was wearing a full plate carrier with side plate. Fucker weight 30-35 lbs depending on how many rounds I was carrying an my camelback water level. These guys were wearing minimal plate gear to qualify. So I went and bought a micro-plate carrier with 8x10 plates that I'm going to fit a 3 rifle mag pouch and a 2 pistol mag pouch on, with rest being on a belt. That should shave 15-20 lbs off. Though I was moving faster than most of those guys, I'm sure there was an impact. I beat roughly half of the, even with a 40 second procedural penalty. If I could shave another 15 - 30 seconds off by not having so much weight on me, I'll be in the top 15 out of 50. As I get my rhythm back, which I already started to half way, i'll be in the top 5-10 in that league.

So yes, I am a better shooter than most of them. One of those guys was actually the firearms instructor. I doubt I'll get better than him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

That's nothing. I was in a gas station today and there were three black people, cashier and two others buying some stuff. They all proclaimed the following "Bring in the feds if that makes the place safer" and "I'm tired of paying "X" out of my paycheck in taxes...get a damn job and I hope Trump cuts the dole and creates some jobs to put people to work".

It's very stereotypical and possibly racist but the way the conversation went I would have sworn I was listening to radical right winged possibly rednecks conversing.

~Matt

Was this the look on your face while they talked?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

~Matt

Were these Rockfordians? Not so sure Trumps big plan extends that far from the south/west side of Chicago...
Last edited by: Skipjack: Feb 6, 17 14:14
Quote Reply