Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Super Bowl Recipes (besides chips and dip, etc)
Quote | Reply
Any good Super Bowl recipes you would like to share. I'm crafting my own this year.

Slow cooked BBQ Baby Back Rips Sliders.
Take the meat off the ribs, throw some more BBQ sauce on it, and make a sandwich out of it with a home made biscuit.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Super Bowl Recipes (besides chips and dip, etc) [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you said no chip/dip but here goes...

Velveeta cheese plus hot fresh salsa (the kind with chucks of diced tomato, onions, peppers, etc.)

Melt together in microwave (mix ratio to taste).

Dip chips in melted cheesy goodness.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Best Super Bowl Recipes (besides chips and dip, etc) [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1 box Near East Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Quinoa
1 can Trader Joes black beans
1 jar Trader Joes corn salsa

Cook the quinoa and black beans
Strain the beans
Mix it all together in a big bowl
Eat

Leftovers can be eaten cold

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have access to a breadmaker? I am making this cranberry pistachio boule right now for tomorrow:

Here is the link https://www.cuisinart.com/...s/cbk-200_recipe.pdf

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deviled eggs. (Keep it simple.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skirt steak tacos.

I rub olive oil, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper on skirt steak and let that sit for about 30 minutes, then grill it on my Big Green Egg with Mesquite chunks.

To go with it, I make guacamole with just avocados, tomatoes, garlic, red onion, olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper.

The tacos are very simple...skirt steak, guac, cheese, and sour cream, with a splash of Cholula hot sauce.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Chunky Salsa:
equal parts diced tomatoes, onions and avocados. Add a can of mild diced green chilies, salt, pepper. Optional fresh cilantro.

Quote | Reply
Jalapeno poppers.

Cut pepper in half length wise.
Scrap away seeds (or not)
Fill with cream cheese
Wrap in bacon and secure with tooth pick
Bake on wire rack at 450 until bacon is crispy.

You're welcome. Super easy, fool proof party snack.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mix equal parts ketchup and yellow mustard (about 1/2 to a cup each). Put in 1/2 cup brown sugar and brandy. Add Worcestershire sauce (I put in a lot) and hot sauce (Crystal brand is best) to taste. Put in a hole package of cocktail wieners simmer til warm.

Take Crescent Roll dough and wrap cocktail wieners in them and bake. Serve with a dipping sauce.

Take a block of Velveeta and a package of port wine cheese spread (Merkt's if you can get it, and make sure it's the 8 oz one), can of condensed mushroom soup, chopped broccoli, few dashes of hot sauce, bake til hot. Serve with Doritos

Take almonds, insert into a date, wrap in bacon, bake, serve with bleu cheese dressing

Homemade pimento cheese (I'd have to look up that recipe)

Homemade cheese straws (ditto)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Super Bowl Recipes (besides chips and dip, etc) [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Jalapeno poppers.

Fill with cream cheese

So what's your address again?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Super Bowl Recipes (besides chips and dip, etc) [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Jalapeno poppers.

Fill with cream cheese

I'll be enjoying them at my friend's place on the peninsula. In CaptainCanada's hood.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Super Bowl Recipes (besides chips and dip, etc) [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
owen. wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Jalapeno poppers.

Fill with cream cheese

I'll be enjoying them at my friend's place on the peninsula. In CaptainCanada's hood.

Super Bowl party in Canada is cultural appropriation.
Quote Reply