Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Schwinn running stroller
Quote | Reply
Looking into getting a stroller to have while running so I can take my newborn son once he can hold his head up. Anyone used Schwinn strollers? Everyone keeps telling me Bob but the price is pretty high. Experiences, thoughts, recommendations welcome
Quote Reply
Re: Schwinn running stroller [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No direct experience with their running strollers but we have a Schwinn bike trailer for our daughter and I've been very impressed with the quality for half the price of a similar Thule trailer. I think the baddest difference is that it's a few pounds heavier than the Thule. Not sure if the same is true of their strollers.
Quote Reply
Re: Schwinn running stroller [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's always used strollers. I have a BOB Ironman I haven't been able to sell yet locally, though I haven't tried very hard. Great stroller. Should be able to get some for 1/2 of retail.

I find that most of the time, you tend to get what you pay for. That goes for most everything. If all you need is a cheap stroller, then your fine. But if you expect a really nice stroller at a cheap price and intend to use it a lot, you'll be disappointed.

That being said, the same does not hold true at the very high end of the market. Only when comparing bottom end or mid or near upper range.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The people that tell you BOB are right. If you run a lot with the kid it is well worth it. Keep looking for used, my wife was constantly looking and found one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Looking into getting a stroller to have while running so I can take my newborn son once he can hold his head up. Anyone used Schwinn strollers? Everyone keeps telling me Bob but the price is pretty high. Experiences, thoughts, recommendations welcome
Don't overthink! Do you already have a stroller for normal life?
The BOB IM stroller is great but you can also use many other strollers even if not designed for running. Try and decide for yourself if it works or not with what you have before you buy a new one. I have raced half marathons with both the BOB IM and my everyday stroller (a basic Phil&Ted). They both work, thanks to tube+tire wheels.

The longer wheelbase and the fixed front wheel make the BOB (a little bit) more stable, but running with the swinging front wheel is not really an issue on the Phil&Ted (you can also 'lock' the front wheel on the Phil&Ted but I have never tried).

Plus, you can add a second seat/child in the back on the Phil&Ted (which means under). This will be will be very convenient with your next child ;-) and/or shopping bags.
Taller children will also probably hate the BOB quickly as their head will be in the canopy... zero adjustability on mine, totally sucks.

Last, I read somewhere it is not very recommended to run with a baby before 8-9 months and in my experience (I have 3 young children), it seems reasonable, except may be for very easy runs. You can really fly with a stroller (jump 1-3 small steps), and it can be a lot of fun ;-), but don't hurt them...
Quote Reply