Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page
Quote | Reply
Those partisan hacks have contributed a lot to branding any conservative thought as racist. This is a very good thing.

http://dailycaller.com/...-number-of-concerns/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good.

SPLC passed tje point of no return in my eyes with their treatment of Ayan Hersi Ali and Majid Nawaz, in my view.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about those people but they named initial tea party groups I worked with as racist extremist and hate groups. These dudes weren't organized enough to be dangerous and had different ethnic groups in their ranks. Including many Latina women.

There hate watch group also read like a who's who of social conservatism. Whether you agree with the religious right or not, and I generally don't. They are not all groups. But I guess if you arent promoting gay rights, if you don't hate cops, or believe in states rights you are a racist. Let's not forget they consulted on the MIAC report which profiled people with libertarian, Ron paul or Nra stickers as potential extremist.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both were recently added to SPLC's list of Islamophobes/Hate Speech purveyors, essentially for their informed criticism of Islam and daring to suggest that reformation is needed.

Quote:
Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a Somali-born[1] Dutch-American activist, author,[2] and former Dutch politician. She is a leading opponent of female genital mutilation,[citation needed] as well as a feminist and atheist.
In 2003, Hirsi Ali was elected a member of the House of Representatives (the lower house of the Dutch parliament), representing the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (VVD). A political crisis related to the validity of her Dutch citizenship led to her resignation from parliament, and indirectly to the fall of the second Balkenende cabinet in 2006.

Hirsi Ali has been a vocal critic of Islam, calling for a reformation of the religion. In 2004, she collaborated on a short movie with Theo van Gogh, entitled Submission, a film about the oppression of women under Islam. The film sparked controversy, which resulted in death threats against the two and the eventual assassination of Van Gogh later that year by Mohammed Bouyeri, a second-generation migrant from Morocco. In a 2007 interview, she described Islam as an "enemy" that needs to be defeated before peace can be achieved.[3] In her latest book Heretic (2015) she moderated her views of Islam and now calls for a reform of the religion by supporting reformist Muslims.[4]

In 2005, Hirsi Ali was named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.[5] She has also received several awards, including a free speech award from the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten,[6] the Swedish Liberal Party's Democracy Prize,[7] and the Moral Courage Award for commitment to conflict resolution, ethics, and world citizenship.[8] Hirsi Ali has published two autobiographies: in 2006[9] and 2010.

Hirsi Ali emigrated to the United States, where she was a fellow of the American Enterprise Institute.[10] She founded the women's rights organization the AHA Foundation.[11] She became a U.S. citizen in 2013 and that year was made a fellow at the Kennedy Government School at Harvard University and a member of The Future of Diplomacy Project at the Belfer Center.[12][13] She is married to Scottish historian and public commentator Niall Ferguson.

Quote:
Maajid Usman Nawaz is a British activist, author, columnist, radio host and politician. He was the Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate for London's Hampstead and Kilburn constituency in the 2015 general election.[3] He is also the founding chairman of Quilliam, a counter-extremism think tank that seeks to challenge the narratives of Islamist extremists.[4]

Born in Southend-on-Sea, Essex to a British Pakistani family,[1] Nawaz is a former member of the Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir. This association led to his arrest in Egypt in December 2001, where he remained imprisoned until 2006. Reading books on human rights and interacting with Amnesty International, which adopted him as a prisoner of conscience, resulted in a change of heart. This led Nawaz to leave Hizb-ut-Tahrir in 2007, renounce his Islamist past and call for a "Secular Islam".[5]

After his turnaround, Nawaz co-founded Quilliam with former Islamists, including Ed Husain.[6] He wrote an autobiography, Radical, which was published in 2012. Since then, he has become a prominent critic of Islamism in the United Kingdom. He is a regular op-ed contributor, debater and public commenter.[7] He presented his views on radicalisation in front of US Senate Committee and UK Home Affairs Committee in their respective inquiries on the roots of radical extremism.[8][9][10]

He is a weekly columnist for The Daily Beast, and hosts his LBC radio show every weekend 12-3 pm.[11]

His writings have been published in various international newspapers including The New York Times, The Guardian, Financial Times, Daily Mail and The Wall Street Journal. He has made appearances on programmes including Larry King Live, BBC Hard Talk, Charlie Rose, 60 Minutes, Newsnight and Real Time with Bill Maher. He has delivered lectures at LSE and University of Liverpool, and has given talks at UK Defence Academy and Marshall Center for Security Studies.[12][13][14][15][16]
In June 2014, Nawaz became an honorary associate of the National Secular S

ociety
.[17] His second book Islam and the Future of Tolerance (2015), co-authored with American neuroscientist Sam Harris, was published in October 2015.[18]

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These organizations at one time were good and served a good purpose. But like unions their time past by. Now they manufacture shot in order to remain relevant. Destroying the reputation of good people.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
racist extremist and hate groups. These dudes weren't organized enough to be dangerous and had different ethnic groups in their ranks. Including many Latina women.

not commenting on the other stuff, but i wanted to point out that having some brown people doesnt mean they arent racist.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No vegan that doesn't. But their goal was liberty for all and states rights with regard to gun rights, etc. they opposed Obama in policy not because he was black. We're also talking about six people in one of the groups and ten in another. One of the groups I had ties to actively targeted a white nationalist group that they felt was counter productive to the libertarian cause. A group that was and very much should have been on that list. Splc didn't distinguished.

Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
racist extremist and hate groups. These dudes weren't organized enough to be dangerous and had different ethnic groups in their ranks. Including many Latina women.

not commenting on the other stuff, but i wanted to point out that having some brown people doesnt mean they arent racist.

Well that's a random thought
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Well that's a random thought

no its not, he brought it up in the context of racism.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Ill comment. The Tea Party was never what tne media and the left made it out to be. It was very diverse and was in no way racist. It was also filled with people from both sides of the aisle but that point is always conveniently skipped.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: SPLC and ADL finally removed from FBI Civil Rights Resource Page [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Ill comment. The Tea Party was never what tne media and the left made it out to be. It was very diverse and was in no way racist. It was also filled with people from both sides of the aisle but that point is always conveniently skipped.

Whether or not the tea party itself was a racist organization, it was certainly full of racists. of course there were non racists too, but im not sure there was a lot done to quash racism within the movement.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Rodred wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

Whether or not the tea party itself was a racist organization, it was certainly full of racists. of course there were non racists too, but im not sure there was a lot done to quash racism within the movement.

i want to push back on this because i hear it a lot and it bothers me.

first, you grudgingly acknowledge that the Tea Party may not have been racist, or at least you decline to prove it was, by using the phrase "Whether or not ..."

but then you say "it was certainly full of racists"
certainly? you decline to provide evidence, but you're still certain? and what's full? is half-full full? is full full? i'd like a percentage. and what threshold I have to be below to qualify as not racist.

next you say, "not ... a lot done to quash racism within ..."

which leaves us in a situation where you say the goals & actions of the group weren't inherently racist, but the inner thoughts of many of its members were (despite no racist actions), and therefore you are disappointed that the non-racist acting group failed to change the unacted upon beliefs of its racist members?

is that it? honestly, i hear this a lot and i always wonder how its supposed to work. its seems like a way to dismiss the movement rather than engage. i don't see any space for a Tea Party member to exist, except in the defined racist space. and that is precisely what started this thread as that is the SPLC's M.O.

sorry to sound strident
Dave
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Feb 4, 17 5:44
Quote Reply