Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The last thing I am going to do is throw our servicemen under the bus. So don't even try to tell me I am throwing them under the bus. First of all you have no idea who I am and in fact it really isn't any of your business, but to tell me that it is in my character to throw our countries servicemen under the bus is a mistake and a chicken shit jab at me and our servicemen.

Firstly I do believe it is their own fault if they can't take advantage of the many opportunities they have. I don't feel one bit sorry for the sap who refuses to meet the weight requirement, the guy who wants to be a lazy shit all day and the list can go on. These are the people I am making reference to. They are usually the ones who get out and bitch about the service and what the service didn't give them. Like anything else you put in effort you usually get something back. The service is a fair system and people get back what they put in.

In no way shape or form am I against the military and especially not the young and old warriors fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan I admire each and every one the brave people over there. To see a young PFC who joined during a time of war shows me the kind of courage I wish more people had. So no I am not throwing them under the bus.

By the way, if the .50 scares you, move. And to hear your arguments, I am venturing to guess you probably got kicked out of the Army as a drug pop, am I right?
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [choobakky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, if the .50 scares you, move. And to hear your arguments, I am venturing to guess you probably got kicked out of the Army as a drug pop, am I right?

#########################################

Its hard to move away from a .50 , if their are only 12 benches on the line , with 8 taken. Where will I move to ?

I have never been anywhere NEAR, being in the military, all my chopper time , out of country stuff is civilian , No killing / paramilitary shit , just commercial work .

I have never been arrested for anything ,Clean as they come .But, I have a few hundred buddies with more bad than good stories , of the military .I wont drag the service through the mud, yes a green soldier is a fine sight.

Save your drill Sargent / recruteur stuff for someone else. I am off on a 15 miles ride , to the bank , Maybe the range to try my glock 24 target rigg ,I just bought used ,hard to find anymore. I dont want to waste my 4 days off.

Enjoy your thanksgiving , easy on the pie . Heli.

Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I think it's a you say I say kind of topic. You have your point, but I happen to believe that hunting has that same element of cruelty involved. That's why I choose not to hunt animals that don't pose a threat in general. If I was to choose between a hunting situation I had to do, I'd rather be hunting terrorists.

In our modern society we hardly hunt for the need. Unless you're refering to some tribesman living in a natural habitat (very few left) , I would say that there's a liklihood that a good proportion of modern day hunters have some killing enjoyment thing in their psyche.
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But you have to admit slowgu, when it comes down to it, there's very little difference between sport hunting a deer (if you dont plan to eat it) and "sport hunting" a raccoon on your street.

Do all hunters eat what they shoot? I doubt it. And although no one is claiming that hunters stand around and appreciating a slow death, or want to torture the animals, if you're not eating it, you're killing an animal for amusement.

Even if you are eating it you're still probably killing it for amusement...the eating part is a fringe benefit. Most hunters would still hunt deer if their meat tasted like shit.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if you are eating it you're still probably killing it for amusement

Or for honesty, and to remind oneself that unless you're a vegetarian, you eat animals that have to be killed all the time.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ohh okay, that's good. you're right it could be a bit much.

you too have a Happy Thanksgiving. That wasn't Drill Seargent or recruiter shit, I might of made you cry or at the very least offended you had wrote any of my material.
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A clean kill in hunting ,is desired . but not always achieved. The archery boys hope to sever an artery - hit the pump - lung shot , but a good percentage walk off into the brush to pump out .

The gun hunters try for an over 300 yd up / down hill shot / wind shot , hit them in the ass or gut .End up needing a spotter if they miss, that calls out Ahh ,a foot behind it and foot low , with second shot. No cruel killing here .
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Even if you are eating it you're still probably killing it for amusement

Or for honesty, and to remind oneself that unless you're a vegetarian, you eat animals that have to be killed all the time.

If that was a serious motivating factor there'd be lines of people outside every slaughterhouse in America waiting to get their turn to pull the switch on a cow......its so much easier and cheaper to be honest like that instead of sitting in a cold wet hole in the ground waiting all weekend for a deer to happen by.

Hunters hunt for the thrill of tracking and killing a wild animal...and to play with guns of course. They might tell you its about honesty or not wanting someone else to do their killing for them, but thats nonsense. Its simply about outsmarting a wild animal and putting it in its proper place in the food chain...that being a rung or two below us.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: That PA kid had 54 guns in his home [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They might tell you its about honesty or not wanting someone else to do their killing for them,

I like how you think that's nonsense, but the following statement is true fact:

Its simply about outsmarting a wild animal and putting it in its proper place in the food chain

Because it seems to me that those two statements are not at all in conflict with each other.

I also like how you think you have such a keen insight into the minds of most hunters.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vitus, how prevelant is sport hunting where noting gets eaten in your neck of the woods? Just curious...

Vitus, how prevelant is sport hunting where noting gets eaten

In my neck of the woods? Non-existent, as far as I can tell. People love venison here.

Not too mention that as far as I know, it's a crime in every state to waste the meat of deer or elk or whatever you've killed by hunting. I've never heard a single hunter complain about that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People love venison here.

Me too.

Not too mention that as far as I know, it's a crime in every state to waste the meat of deer or elk or whatever you've killed by hunting. I've never heard a single hunter complain about that.

Didn't know that - I think that's a good rule.

In Reply To:
They might tell you its about honesty or not wanting someone else to do their killing for them,

I like how you think that's nonsense, but the following statement is true fact:

Its simply about outsmarting a wild animal and putting it in its proper place in the food chain

Because it seems to me that those two statements are not at all in conflict with each other.

I also like how you think you have such a keen insight into the minds of most hunters.

So if if most hunters are in fact motivated by honesty as you claim why do they do to great lengths and expense to kill their meat when it would be much easier and just as honest to volunteer at the local slaughterhouse once a year?

Vitus, hunting has nothing to do with honesty. People hunt because its fun and an adrenaline rush. People hunt all sorts of inedible animals all over the world...Oscar Wilde called fox hunters for example the "unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible"....so I would argue honesty has very little or anything to do with what motivates people to hunt wild animals.

I've shot my share of birds and had fun doing it, and there's no feeling quite like hooking into a big salmon on a fly you tied yourself.... its all about the fun.

I watched a show on OLN last night where a bunch of fat morons sat in a flotilla of boats all day tossing fish guts into the water wating for a mako shark to swim by so they could toss a hooked bait into its mouth and then gaff it to death at the back of the boat....they tried to claim that all the shark meat was donated to an orphanage or some such nonsense. The sharks sat out cooking on the decks of these boats all day for the duration of the competition; there's no way in hell they were fit for human consumption after that....even if you could convince a home full of kids to eat 2000lbs of shark meat. These guys were in it for fun and bragging rights...and some prize money....not to feed anyone. And if you think this country isn't full of people who similarly take the antlers off deer and dump the carcases you're kidding nobody but yourself.

John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Nov 22, 05 14:54
Quote Reply

Prev Next