Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tire Choice for Profile Twentyfour Wheels
Quote | Reply
Profile specifies to not use tires narrower than 25c in the wheelset manual. I know listed and actual tire sizes don't always (ever?) match up, so I emailed them and was told if I were to mount a 23c tire I would be "stretching the tire onto the rim," to follow the manufacture labeling for the tire size and that running a 23c or smaller could void the warranty.

This seems a bit of a silly and canned response, so I'll pose the same question to the hive mind here: What would be an ideal tire to match up with this rim? I have some spare 25c GP 4k S2s in my workbench, but if a 23c version would be a better match (or a pair of 24c Conti Force IIs), I figure now's the time to pick some up.

Rim outer width is 24.5mm, inner is 17mm
Last edited by: FlyingScot: Feb 3, 17 8:51
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Choice for Profile Twentyfour Wheels [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingScot wrote:
Profile specifies to not use tires narrower than 25c in the wheelset manual. I know listed and actual tire sizes don't always (ever?) match up, so I emailed them and was told if I were to mount a 23c tire I would be "stretching the tire onto the rim," to follow the manufacture labeling for the tire size and that running a 23c or smaller could void the warranty.

This seems a bit of a silly and canned response, so I'll pose the same question to the hive mind here: What would be an ideal tire to match up with this rim? I have some spare 25c GP 4k S2s in my workbench, but if a 23c version would be a better match (or a pair of 24c Conti Force IIs), I figure now's the time to pick some up.

Rim outer width is 24.5mm, inner is 17mm

Ideal for what application?

The wife and I train on PD TwentyFour 38s.
We have Conti GP 4000s II 23mm on her set, and 25mm on my set (I want the comfort for longer rides, and when i'm on gravel, dirt, etc. whereas she does not ride long, and not on unpaved surfaces.)

So either/both of your tire sets are fine.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Feb 3, 17 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Tire Choice for Profile Twentyfour Wheels [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to be a long training ride/racing wheelset (picked up the 58/78 combo). I live in the city and am going to keep my Williams alu wheelset to abuse in-town/use on the trainer, but if I'm going to the trouble of putting the rack on the car, I'm going to pop in the PD wheels.

It will be nearly 100% use on paved surfaces, but with some of our SE Texas roads, that's not saying much. May use this as an opportunity to dip my toes into the latex tube game since these will be irregular use wheels.
Last edited by: FlyingScot: Feb 3, 17 9:31
Quote Reply