Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All these jokes about the Bowling Green Massacre.. sorry, but I can't help but feel they're just too soon.

I'm outraged that the Bowling Green Massacre just occurred and people are already pointing their fingers at Islam...

Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed what this massacre is all about? Did Duffy run over another cat?

Bastard!
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Kelly Ann Conway is just using alternative facts.

Nothing more to see here folks.

But..but..but...she meant to say Bowling Green terrorists. How fucking stupid is this woman.

Uncovering all of your previous idiot remarks would pretty easy to do. Would that answer your question?
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Never has the quote from the hangover been more appropriate "you are literally too stupid to insult"...........

Its amazing

There, fixed it for you...

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's apparently some incident that happened years ago that's now making headlines, for some reason.

Full details here (graphic)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
But..but..but...she meant to say Bowling Green terrorists. How fucking stupid is this woman.

The fact that the media didn't cover the Bowling Green massacre just proves they can't be trusted.

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! There is nothing stupid about getting a bunch of people looking for something that doesn't exist. It's all going according to plan.

More than likely the 'Bowling Green Massacre' will be the reason behind the 'temporary Muslim ban' becoming permanent because the 'people' will demand it.

Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
The one thing that at this point I'm 100% sure of about KC is that she doesn't misspeak. We've got 36 hours of coverage in which the two most memorable phrases, the phrases that will hang in the air for most people long after the dust of what was actually being discussed has settled, are "Trump's Muslim ban" and "massacre."

This is no longer about making a rational argument. It never was. This is about building up a ground swell of emotional support for irrational actions.

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have ANOTHER WINNER!!! Oh my god, this is HUGE!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
---

The fun irony is the fact that a non-credible news source on a non-credible news source using the lack of credibility in the media becomes an non-credible news story and people are talking about it like the lack of original credibility is the problem. Circle jerk takes on a new meaning.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Uncovering all of your previous idiot remarks would pretty easy to do. Would that answer your question?

Trolling again eh loser. At least you'd expect her to know a real massacre when she sees one.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Bretom wrote:
The one thing that at this point I'm 100% sure of about KC is that she doesn't misspeak. We've got 36 hours of coverage in which the two most memorable phrases, the phrases that will hang in the air for most people long after the dust of what was actually being discussed has settled, are "Trump's Muslim ban" and "massacre."

This is no longer about making a rational argument. It never was. This is about building up a ground swell of emotional support for irrational actions.

Ding, ding, ding!!! We have ANOTHER WINNER!!! Oh my god, this is HUGE!!!
She does make a great foil. I don't know how long they can keep using her though. Too much of having her say "stupid stuff" to change the story and more people will question why Trump keeps such "stupid" people around in his inner circle.

This was a shrewd move to change the narrative that the left was creating that "refugees have never done anything bad" to a "not yet they haven't but we have just been lucky".
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Trolling again eh loser. At least you'd expect her to know a real massacre when she sees one.

She sees one every time she looks in a mirror.

Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
burnman wrote:
Is it me, or is it now SOP for news publications to conclude every story with screenshots of random tweets that confirm their thesis?

And thanks for bringing up the Brian Williams purple heart. It was his third, so it didn't get nearly the coverage it deserved.

I liken this to the pre-social media era where you would see interviews with "locals"? You would watch the interview and scratch your head wondering "where do they find these idiots?"
Now with twitter they don't have to go out looking for the idiots, the idiots flock to social media. And we get to see that that the idiots are not isolated examples, but are everywhere. We even get to see how idiotic our elected officials really are.

My favourite examples of the "guy on the street" type interviews are either after a large gas price hike, or after it snows a lot. Basically just filler or the news equivalent of small talk. It's not really news - everyone knows it just snowed, and no one filling up at a gas station likes a price hike.

Anchor: This just in, weather!
Guy with shovel: Well, we're shoveling ourselves out as best we can. It's cold.

________

Anchor: The price of gas is going up!
Guy standing in front of large SUV at gas station: This is bad. It's now $x a tank! I remember when it used to be $y a tank!
Last edited by: timbasile: Feb 3, 17 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
ubdawg wrote:
burnman wrote:
Is it me, or is it now SOP for news publications to conclude every story with screenshots of random tweets that confirm their thesis?

And thanks for bringing up the Brian Williams purple heart. It was his third, so it didn't get nearly the coverage it deserved.

I liken this to the pre-social media era where you would see interviews with "locals"? You would watch the interview and scratch your head wondering "where do they find these idiots?"
Now with twitter they don't have to go out looking for the idiots, the idiots flock to social media. And we get to see that that the idiots are not isolated examples, but are everywhere. We even get to see how idiotic our elected officials really are.

My favourite examples of the "guy on the street" type interviews are either after a large gas price hike, or after it snows a lot. Basically just filler or the news equivalent of small talk.

Anchor: This just in, weather!
Guy with shovel: Well, we're shoveling ourselves out as best we can. It's cold.

________

Anchor: The price of gas is going up!
Guy standing in front of large SUV at gas station: This is bad. It's now $x a tank! I remember when it used to be $y a tank!

Are you saying you're not interested in hearing from people stuck in really bad traffic jams where they were headed today, and why they were headed there?

Even worse are the ones where they interview schoolkids after an incident, without fail they pick some girl with 1/10th of both the IQ and conversational skills of Miss South Carolina who just wants to get on TV, and usually knows fuck-all about the incident aside from what she heard in the hallways.
Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying you're not interested in hearing from people stuck in really bad traffic jams where they were headed today, and why they were headed there?

Then there's the obligatory response to crime with residents saying "you read about this stuff but I never thought it would happen here."

I left the country for 15 years and came back and now watching the local news again. It's the same questions from reporters and the same responses from the locals...

Quote Reply
Re: OMG. Bowling Green Massacre 2 Iraqi's [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

If you do it twice it is hard to call it an accident.

But in an interview with Cosmopolitan.com conducted by phone days earlier, on Sunday, Jan. 29, Conway used the same phrasing, claiming that President Barack Obama called for a temporary "ban on Iraqi refugees” after the “Bowling Green massacre.” (The quotes did not appear in either of two stories recently published on Cosmopolitan.com.)"He did, it’s a fact," she said of Obama. "Why did he do that? He did that for exactly the same reasons. He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined ISIS, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills, and come back here, and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away."

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/...een-massacre-repeat/

ETA - And when you do it three times it is pretty clear you are working hard at the propaganda machine

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Feb 6, 17 12:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next