Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Track Session/Track Workout
Quote | Reply
Hi!

I´m currently training for my 4th HIM.

11 weeks to go and I will start doing some workouts on the track soon.

I was wondering: ¿what is your favorite track session?

Love the Pain!

Quito-Ecuador
Quote Reply
Re: Track Session/Track Workout [mpo_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
20 x 400 @ 75 seconds and 15 seconds rest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ones that bring the suffering.

2x5k tempo w/ 4' inactive recovery. I tend to think during the rest the 2nd one will hurt so bad but I find the first 2M of the second 5k usually go very well, it's only the last mile where the suffering intensifies.

5x1200m w/ 800m recovery 1' slower than the pace of your 1200's. So if you're doing 6 flat pace for the 1200s (4:30), you would do your 800m recovery in 3:30 (7 flat pace). Currently my pace for the 12's is like 6-8s slower/mile than my 10k race pace. I'm trying to bring it down but the fast recoveries will totally sap you. If you're new to this workout, start with 3x1200 and workup to 5, don't be heartbroken when your 12s are way slower than if you did an inactive recovery.

20x200 hard w/ 200m recovery 30s slower than your hard. I try to do it at 31/61 but by the end find my recovery 2's pushing upwards of 64-65s cause i'm so broken.

You'll have "fun" with any of these.

Happy running and good luck with your HIM.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not suggesting this is the best workout to support your race goal, but I always like a pyramid session. For eg;

400m
800m
1200m
1600m
1200m
800m
400m

Rest maybe half the interval time. Fast as you can holding the same pace through to the last interval. Vommit acceptable. Warm up, warm down etc. Lots of "fun".
Quote Reply
Re: Track Session/Track Workout [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooh I like the pyramid one too but my favorite is

3 x (4 x 800). Do the 800's at 5K pace or a little better and 1:30M rest (active rest preferred). between each set inactive rest for 3m.

That last set just plain hurts. I do this late in the build and always build up to it.

Funny, when I am hurting during the race I flashback to this workout and use the thoughts to help get thru the tough spot in the race.
Quote Reply