Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
The quote was from Reuters. Serious question are they fake or real?

It has nothing to do with if the source is in capitals or their political slant. If there is an article that goes against your worldview, it is fake news. If not, it is a very reliable and non-biased source.

That much... I have gleaned

But that isn't really a fact. Truth is the truth but most people read headlines and lack the ability to spot creative writing used to slant a story or even worse(and more common these days) simply lie. The journalists of today have little honor.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

Let them have their fun, it's going to be a long 8 years for them.

But they're NOT having fun.

My bad, I should have said, let them continue so I can enjoy this.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

I don't have a program so I don't know who is considered real news vs. who is fake news (other than CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, and any site that judiciously uses ALLCAPS or !!!!! cuz they really, really really mean it.....)

Serious answer Chris, I think most of those in the media have lost there way and are more concerned about revenue and keeping their name in the news rather than being concerned with what is factual and what is flawed. Both sides will jump on a headline to boast or whine, we are definitely living in interesting times.

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

I don't have a program so I don't know who is considered real news vs. who is fake news (other than CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, and any site that judiciously uses ALLCAPS or !!!!! cuz they really, really really mean it.....)

Evidently Reuters is now fake news. If they were a real news organization they'd report who recommended the operation to Trump and/or who failed in the intelligence and planning. Isn't that the important thing for us to know?

Quote:
U.S. military officials revealed Wednesday that President Trump’s first covert counterterrorism operation was carried out without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations, according to reports.

Real news would have written:

US military officials revealed the General X recommended the first covert counter terrorism operation approved by President Trump without having received sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

In other words, if the allegation is true, then heads in the military should be rolling.

Most folks are smart enough to know if someone within the military bungled it, someone will hear "you're fired."

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

"Earlier this week, Pentagon spokesman Capt Jeff Davis told reporters to "take reports of female casualties with a grain of salt", adding that they had been "trained to be ready and trained to be combatants".
Must be #fakenews. No intelligent person could possible say that.

What does this have to do with anything?

How do you tell the real news from the fake? You can't. It's like trying to figure out the plot of Zardoz after too many shots of tequila. #cantellanymore

I just assume it's all fake.

No, you assume it's fake if it doesn't support your narrative. Be real.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's my narrative?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was a four year initial stint?
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Yup.

"U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations."

At least he met with the family of the SEAL killed in this operation.

I'm sure leading republicans will be all over Trump's Benghazi
-
yeah, not quite the same.
-
"The sources told Fox that the intelligence haul from the compound is "almost as good as Abbottabad," a reference to the 2011 raid that killed Usama bin Laden. One source described the information as a "treasure trove."
Navy SEALs managed to grab a laptop, about 10 cell phones, thumb drives, documents, and "a couple bags full" of material, according to officials with knowledge of the debriefing. "
-

“It was a hard target. They made a tough call on the ground and went in the hard way. This was not a stand-off operation,” a senior military source told Fox News. “If they had not gone in on the target, they might not have lost anyone, but they also might not have gathered what they did from the compound.”
Intelligence analysts are said to be “still sifting” through all of the material collected, which included computer hard drives.
“Only way to judge the mission’s success will be the final analysis” of the materials gathered, a source said.

This piece from Fox seems pretty straight; covering the intel gained and bad guys killed, as well as costs, our dead (Ryan Owens) and injured SEALs, and civilians, including kids.
http://www.foxnews.com/...ove-sources-say.html
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

It's equally as fun watching you guys fight in line for an opportunity to apologize for Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: But what are we talking about today? Yemen. [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

It's equally as fun watching you guys fight in line for an opportunity to apologize for Trump.

Nobody's apologizing for Trump in this thread because there is nothing apologize for. Blaming the President for the outcome of the Yemen op is idiotic.

Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
CruseVegas wrote:
Duffy wrote:
#fakenews

Plenty of good examples for us to follow after the last 8 years.

Quote Reply

Prev Next