Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Which do you prefer he do? Some of the things I heard as possible addresses to this could be:

1. Bombing them (the most overt)
2. Bombing proxies in Yemen and Somalia, sure, this would send a covert signal to Iran, but not satisfy people like you.

If they really want to make America safe, Trump (and Obama for the but, but Obama crowd) should focus less on putting a temporary ban on refugees who have never done harm to the U.S., and more on finding ways not to bomb innocent civilians in Muslim countries.

If you want a reason why the Islamic terrorists want to kill Americans, the bombs in Muslim countries that kill civilians is Exhibit A.

I do t disagree. I'm just addressing Barry O'Bamsta's butt boy.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
Little Twink you and your circle jerk sure have a shorrt memory. Does a certain red line ( followed by arming some of the worst terroistsmon the planet) ring a bell.

How about the recent stern warming delivered from the president to Iran to "play nice" after giving the worlds largest sponsor of state terrorism $400,000,000?

Boy i bet your buttplug is all snugged up these days.

He's been in office for two weeks......................... How long are you going to keep up this But But But But OooooooooooooooooBaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Besides they did this almost a week ago, when is he going to nuke them?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Well, I guess we'll see what happens. The NS advisor put them on notice, so this isn't just an impulsive tweet by the president. Its not like he made a real promise of action if a red line is crossed and did nothing. But I'll admit he crossed a line he now has to back up.

Which do you prefer he do? Some of the things I heard as possible addresses to this could be:

2. Bombing proxies in Yemen and Somalia, sure, this would send a covert signal to Iran, but not satisfy people like you.
3. Shoot down the next rubber ducky that gets to close to a US Naval Vessel. That would probably be a clear signal, but you would complain about that to.

So what are your ideas?

Right now I hope he gets his jollies tweeting at them and putting it on their permanent record.

How many times do we have to slam our head in the car door that is the Middle East before we learn to keep it out of there as much as possible?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does "formally put them on notice" mean? The phrase "on notice" has no diplomatic meaning.

And what are these diplomatic channels with Iran of which you speak? They don't exist.

I see Iran is taking this seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [sea.bryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The POTUS is no longer the leader of the free world - Trump will need at least 6+ months of good behavior to get that title back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sea.bryan wrote:
What does "formally put them on notice" mean? The phrase "on notice" has no diplomatic meaning.

And what are these diplomatic channels with Iran of which you speak? They don't exist.

I see Iran is taking this seriously.

It's amazing how many people don't know the meaning of the word "maybe".

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe denotes that it is possible. You are suggesting something that has no possibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I'm just the type of guy who wants to know, for real, who are leaders are, watts and all.

Take this shit to the Tri forum!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sea.bryan wrote:
Maybe denotes that it is possible. You are suggesting something that has no possibility.

There's no possibility that Trump got on the phone or sent a message in some way to Iranian officials? The only possibility is that this tweet is the only communication to Iran?

Mmmkay...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he had done it, he would have boasted about it.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Take this shit to the Tri forum!"

;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
TheForge wrote:
Well, I guess we'll see what happens. The NS advisor put them on notice, so this isn't just an impulsive tweet by the president. Its not like he made a real promise of action if a red line is crossed and did nothing. But I'll admit he crossed a line he now has to back up.

3. Shoot down the next rubber ducky that gets to close to a US Naval Vessel. That would probably be a clear signal, but you would complain about that to.

So what are your ideas?

Right now I hope he gets his jollies tweeting at them and putting it on their permanent record.

How many times do we have to slam our head in the car door that is the Middle East before we learn to keep it out of there as much as possible?

Personally I would prefer we pull out let Israel do its thing (bombing and killing anybody who threatens them) and only intervene when the UN comes in and tells Israel to stop. That might bring things to natural order quite quickly.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's no possibility that Trump got on the phone or sent a message in some way to Iranian officials? The only possibility is that this tweet is the only communication to Iran?

I would say there is no possibility that Trump would talk privately to an Iranian official and then not share it on Twitter. Someone on his staff might have had contact, but Trump? No chance.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 2, 17 10:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
If you want a reason why the Islamic terrorists want to kill Americans, the bombs in Muslim countries that kill civilians is Exhibit A.

We have done a lot of bad stuff in the Middle East. When the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh started to nationalize Iranian oil so its proceeds would benefit Iranians instead of Ango-American oil companies the US and UK supported a coup d'etat to remove Mosaddegh replace him with the former the Shah of Iran who crowned himself Emperor. When the democratically elected ruler of Iraq, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi attempted to nationalize Iraqi oil so it would benefit Iraqis instead of foreign oil companies we supported the Ba'ath party's assassination of Pahlavi and rise to power. Unfortunately for the West, Saddam Hussein hungry for the potential profits did nationalize Iraqi oil during the 70's OPEC oil embargo. When President Obama apologized for all of this conservatives were outraged believing the US never has to apologize for acting in its own interests.

I'm not saying that any of this justifies terrorism. I'm just saying that we are not the poor innocent victims that are only targeted because radical Muslims hate our freedom. A lot of people have been victims of our Middle East policies. I'd also point out that all the meddling we did in the Middle East was at best a short term gain and later turned out to be much more expensive in dollars in lives. I think we do need to quit meddling in the Middle East.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not saying that any of this justifies terrorism. I'm just saying that we are not the poor innocent victims that are only targeted because radical Muslims hate our freedom.

A lot of the reasons for 9/11 were related to the radicals hating the freedom of the West. They felt the lifestyle of the West was spreading to the Middle East, that the people were loose with morals, didn't have strong convictions and were weak in terms of fighting.

It is a very simplified explanation though, and some of the issues go back a long way.

A lot of people have been victims of our Middle East policies. I'd also point out that all the meddling we did in the Middle East was at best a short term gain and later turned out to be much more expensive in dollars in lives. I think we do need to quit meddling in the Middle East.

The U.S should get out of the Middle East, it's a no win and has never accomplished anything. They have to start solving their own problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And IRAN
IRAN so far away
IRAN all night and day
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I don't see why a president communicating directly to the people is such a problem.

It's a refreshing change from the past practice of stylized and packaged talking points that didn't really say anything at all.

Trump's communication style is refreshing?

Trump's choice of communication is embarrassing and it's not helping him or the country one bit. Klehner's attempt at political satire is equally embarrassing and not helping him or the LR one bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I don't see why a president communicating directly to the people is such a problem.

It's a refreshing change from the past practice of stylized and packaged talking points that didn't really say anything at all.

Another part of the problem is the limit of 140 characters. Shortened communications makes for horrible misinterpretations. And littering the tweets are aggrivating words real leaders would never use, like "terrible" and "losers". And sometimes IN ALL CAPS LIKE HE'S SHOUTING. It makes us all look like we're stupid and drunk in the middle of an intersection yelling at passing cars just trying to mind their own business.

He thinks he's being tough and making things right, but these are other countries with nukes and armies, not companies with purchase orders. Their leaders are elected and have to respond to look tough back, and what Trump's doing is exactly how playing chicken sometimes ends up with the two cars ramming into each other. Their citizens see these idiotic tweets as well and demand their leaders do something. And one of them will. He needs to be impeached ASAP before we are in WW3.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Another part of the problem is the limit of 140 characters. Shortened communications makes for horrible misinterpretations. And littering the tweets are aggrivating words real leaders would never use, like "terrible" and "losers". And sometimes IN ALL CAPS LIKE HE'S SHOUTING. It makes us all look like we're stupid and drunk in the middle of an intersection yelling at passing cars just trying to mind their own business.

Future historians are going to laugh so hard when they look back at this, it's fun to watch from the outside. Iran is small fry compared to the threat of action against China, but i don't think even Trump is dumb enough to go there, or at least his advisers shouldn't be.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
outerlimit wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

We have done a lot of bad stuff in the Middle East. When the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh started to nationalize Iranian oil so its proceeds would benefit Iranians instead of Ango-American oil companies the US and UK supported a coup d'etat to remove Mosaddegh replace him with the former the Shah of Iran who crowned himself Emperor. When the democratically elected ruler of Iraq, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi attempted to nationalize Iraqi oil so it would benefit Iraqis instead of foreign oil companies we supported the Ba'ath party's assassination of Pahlavi and rise to power. Unfortunately for the West, Saddam Hussein hungry for the potential profits did nationalize Iraqi oil during the 70's OPEC oil embargo. When President Obama apologized for all of this conservatives were outraged believing the US never has to apologize for acting in its own interests.

I'm not saying that any of this justifies terrorism. I'm just saying that we are not the poor innocent victims that are only targeted because radical Muslims hate our freedom. A lot of people have been victims of our Middle East policies. I'd also point out that all the meddling we did in the Middle East was at best a short term gain and later turned out to be much more expensive in dollars in lives. I think we do need to quit meddling in the Middle East.

I agree. So let's get out of the Middle East and lock down our borders. Let the Europeans take the refugees and let Israel do as they wish.

As for Obama apologizing. I think most of us lost count of the number of times he ran overseas to tell everyone how evil his country was/is/will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Oooh! Iran put on Notice! [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
And IRAN
IRAN so far away
IRAN all night and day

Man, it's like his perfect theme music.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
A lot of the reasons for 9/11 were related to the radicals hating the freedom of the West. They felt the lifestyle of the West was spreading to the Middle East, that the people were loose with morals, didn't have strong convictions and were weak in terms of fighting.

The U.S should get out of the Middle East, it's a no win and has never accomplished anything. They have to start solving their own problems.

The wealthy Bin Laden family has extensive business ties with the US. Osama Bin Laden said the reason for his terrorist attacks was that he didn't approve of the US having military bases in Saudi Arabia.

I'm glad we agree we should quit meddling in the Middle East.
Quote Reply

Prev Next