Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
It's getting past the point of laughable to actually worrisome, I think. You just really can't be popping off to foreign heads of state about invading their country like that.

Did that really happen?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
It's getting past the point of laughable to actually worrisome, I think. You just really can't be popping off to foreign heads of state about invading their country like that.

Nope.

Fake news....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20170202-story.html

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"U.S. troops invaded Mexico several times in the 19th and early 20th centuries."

What's the over/under on keeping the streak going?
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Inconclusive, really.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Inconclusive, really.

In that case just run with it!!!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just watching and waiting. Nothing else to do, really. But he needs to cool it with the phone calls.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
But he needs to cool it with the phone calls.

Yes. If you believe the news stories about his phone calls he needs to cool it.

If you believe....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the Australia call in dispute? The article you linked to comes across as diplomatic spin and non-denial denials. Maybe it's accurate, maybe not. He's breached usual protocols on the phone with heads of state several times in the past already.

I'm not saying every diplomatic nicety needs to be observed at all times, but when they're disregarded, they should be disregarded knowingly and sparingly. A little of that kind of thing goes a long way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aussies call each other cunts all the time.

Are we now on the brink of war with Australia?

This is some seriously stupid shit to be upset about, imho.

Hell, our last president siced the IRS on his opponents and gave automatic weapons to Mexican drug cartels and not very many people gave a shit about it.

Trump gets cocky with an douche bag from Australia and it's like he's started WWIII.

Meh, call me unimpressed.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

This is how Trump has operated in his businesses over the years. He blusters and threatens and throws tirades in effort to get his way. And if he can he bullies. He's now the president of the most powerful nation there is so he's going to continue in this vane and probably get his way a lot of the time.

And when something goes to shit because of his boorish behavior he won't give a shit, he'll just move on to the next thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
War with Iran: Iran gets harassed with conventional weapons from the air for a few weeks/months and takes a costly hit to their infrastructure. Maybe we target their leadership.

War with China: mushroom clouds and millions (if not hundreds of millions) dead.

Don't forget that any real war with Iran ends with the Persian Gulf being closed to all oil tanker traffic which would likely result in a massive global oil price spike along with the associated damage to the world's economy.
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
War with Iran: Iran gets harassed with conventional weapons from the air for a few weeks/months and takes a costly hit to their infrastructure. Maybe we target their leadership.

War with China: mushroom clouds and millions (if not hundreds of millions) dead.
no. Iran would instantly hit Israel and there would be mushroom clouds there too.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is how Trump has operated in his businesses over the years. He blusters and threatens and throws tirades in effort to get his way. And if he can he bullies. He's now the president of the most powerful nation there is so he's going to continue in this vane and probably get his way a lot of the time.

And some people here will defend him no matter what he says.

It's bizarre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I have to say, I don't understand that Australia deal. Why are we trading refugees with them?

Because Obama needed one more FU to the American people. Is there any world leader that didn't walk all over him?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would seem that almost everything coming from certain media outlets is fake news now days. The left have lost it, and the Democratic Party are digging their own grave. I have friends who were big Hillary supporters that have tired of it.

Duffy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Nope.

Fake news....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/...-20170202-story.html
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would seem that almost everything coming from certain media outlets is fake news now days.

Do you have an objection if there is fake news coming from the administration? It seems to me, there has been a lot of fake information coming from the Trump team in the last year or so, but I don't recall reading any comment from you about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Wars with iran and china? Biting off more than you can chew? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
I have to say, I don't understand that Australia deal. Why are we trading refugees with them?

Trading makes it sound like the US is getting something in return. Will there be a load of vegemite coming too?

Yes, you will receive our finest chemical weapon in return.
Quote Reply

Prev Next