Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Berkeley students are.., [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And before you fire back with something else asinine about my feelings toward vets, my dad was in the jungle in Vietnam, so here's a preemptive go fuck yourself.

JSA volunteered. Did your dad?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Neither joining the Army nor becoming a lawyer made your dick any bigger. Maybe you should try surgery.

Maybe I should try roll playing!

its Chow

I wonder if the role playing worked for him

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
King Argotron!

BarryP: Lets get ready to dance... with swords!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:
Neither joining the Army nor becoming a lawyer made your dick any bigger. Maybe you should try surgery.

Maybe I should try roll playing!

Is that Barry with the hammer?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Seems like the past two weeks has been nothing but protests with some riots sprinkled in, and in the case of Berkeley the protests were so bad they shut down a speaker on a public campus to make his appearance.

I will say the Left are far more guilty of trying to shut down free speech over the years and it is even more noticeable now. Some of them have lost their minds.

I also find it troubling though when the President threatens newspapers (NY Times and Washington Post) and then ignores questions from a journalist because he is from CNN. The same President constantly talks about how the media can't be trusted and lie constantly. All Presidents have favored the media that support their views but I don't recall any ever coming out and accusing almost every reporter of being a liar. His threats of lawsuits against people who write negative stories about him (even if true) are pretty damaging in terms of exercising free speech and they have far more impact than a few students at a liberal college.

On the Trump note, I was just telling the GF that the best argument for his cabinet nominees when they are before senate or committees is to say "do you really want Trump making all these decisions himself?" ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
The mission statement: "We don't know what fascism means, so we call ourselves anti-fascists, because we don't know what that means."

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the guy from Hangover in the front?

Re: Berkeley students are.., [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is. I think that was from community.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
What should they do about it?

I think they handled the situation pretty well. They didn't initially cave to demands to cancel Yiannopoulus' speech. (And apparently they let him speak at Davis a few weeks ago, despite protests and demands to cancel the appearance.) I am glad they demonstrated some commitment to free speech. Once violence breaks out, hard to fault them for cancelling.
How about arresting these idiots. One arrest? Thats it. The news reported that law enforcement stood down and let the riots continue until they fissiled out on there own. Apperently common policy to avoid injury. What kind of precedent to that set? Until lawenforcment comes down hard once the protests turn into riots, this shit will continue and get worse.
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Intolerant, ignorant, Immature. They are everything they say they are against.

Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Yes it is. I think that was from community.

Nope. The movie Role Models. They are playing L.A.I.R.E. like BarryP.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, its called LARPing. Didn't you see Knights of Badassdom when I linked it?

Live action role playing.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgie - My picture is from the movie Role Models. In the movie Role Models, it is called LAIRE.

The "LAIRE" name, as it is used, was made up for the movie. However, "LAIRE" is also the name of a real life LARP (Live-Action Role-Playing) game which does not focus on a Battle Royal as the movie does, but rather focuses on character development and adventuring (fantasy, magic, adventuring, and fighting). Although the movie was inspired by battle games such as Darkon, there are many different kinds of LARPs out there: Murder Mystery Dinners, medieval, fantasy and sci-fi themes, historical and modern themes, military, Nerf, airsoft, paintball adventure games and so forth. LARP is played by many different kinds of people all over the world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the troublemakers even students?

The University seems to claim they came from off campus.

Quote:
The violence was instigated by a group of about 150 masked agitators who came onto campus and interrupted an otherwise non-violent protest.

Of paramount importance was the campus’s commitment to ensure the safety and security of those attending the event, the speaker, those who came to engage in lawful protest and members of the public and the Berkeley campus community.
Fires that were deliberately set, one outside the campus Amazon outlet; Molotov cocktails that caused generator-powered spotlights to catch fire; commercial-grade fireworks thrown at police officers; barricades pushed into windows and skirmishes within the crowd were among the evening’s violent acts.
The masked agitators came to campus eastbound on Bancroft Way, and fire damage and other destruction to the Stiles Hall construction site, where a new residence hall is planned, was reported. The group entered campus and immediately began throwing rocks at officers. In an effort to avoid injuries to innocent members of the surrounding crowd who might have been caught in the middle, police officers exercised restraint and did not respond with force.

http://news.berkeley.edu/...ulos-event-canceled/

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the troublemakers even students?

The University seems to claim they came from off campus.

They could be students. Or they could be from off-campus. I can see if the University is trying to protect its reputation. And I can see if they are speaking the truth.

Last edited by: champy: Feb 3, 17 10:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Forgie - My picture is from the movie Role Models. In the movie Role Models, it is called LAIRE.

The "LAIRE" name, as it is used, was made up for the movie. However, "LAIRE" is also the name of a real life LARP (Live-Action Role-Playing) game which does not focus on a Battle Royal as the movie does, but rather focuses on character development and adventuring (fantasy, magic, adventuring, and fighting). Although the movie was inspired by battle games such as Darkon, there are many different kinds of LARPs out there: Murder Mystery Dinners, medieval, fantasy and sci-fi themes, historical and modern themes, military, Nerf, airsoft, paintball adventure games and so forth. LARP is played by many different kinds of people all over the world.

Sorry. Got my dork games mixed up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:
The mission statement: "We don't know what fascism means, so we call ourselves anti-fascists, because we don't know what that means."

#Fakenews
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watown wrote:
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:

#Fakenews

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that Lincoln one is true....
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
One arrest? Thats it. The news reported that law enforcement stood down and let the riots continue until they fissiled out on there own. Apperently common policy to avoid injury. What kind of precedent to that set? Until lawenforcment comes down hard once the protests turn into riots, this shit will continue and get worse.

the baltimore mayor set the precedent to allow protesters to tear shit up.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/...oy-space-to-do-that/

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

-Michael Scott
Last edited by: Brownie28: Feb 3, 17 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I that was one of my favorite shows, I can't believe I didn't recognize it.
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if we let them tear it up, we can just repair and build new stuff with Federal Money.

If I lived in a shit hole like Baltimore, I would probably look for every bright side of the equation to. Haven't you watched the Wire or actually visited that place.

Detroit is actually onto something by letting fires just burn down the buildings as long as no people are living in them or adjacent structures.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took them long enough but the UC Berzerkley police finally released photos of the wanted vandals.

http://ucpd.berkeley.edu/...lp-individual-photos

You'd think that in this day and age they can get better than these 100 x 200 resolution pictures...
Quote Reply
Re: Berkeley students are.., [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pffffff.... Should be a piece of cake to ID those hooligan snowflakes - just do like CSI do:

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply

Prev Next