Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics
Quote | Reply
Bow down to your robot gods:

http://www.theverge.com/...wheeled-robot-handle

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It makes me laugh that mainstream media considers every robot from Boston Dynamics to be "nightmare-inducing" or "creepy", "terrifying", etc. I guess that's what makes for good click-bait though.

A couple years ago, when Boston Dynamics made their Happy Holidays video with the Spot robots towing a Santa sleigh, much of the corresponding press made it sound like the robots were unleashed from hell itself and were terrorizing the countryside.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Re: Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two words...

Rocky trail.

Take that, robot bitch!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the parent company is called Skynet.
Quote Reply
Re: Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Rocky trail.

Not quite the same (but getting closer), but did you seen the video of the two-legger walking through the woods in snow? Stumbled a few times and re-gained its balance. Pretty cool.

Here's the (edited) video, What the F*ck Kevin? Hahahahah.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I think the parent company is called Skynet.

You know whenever I see a robot I wonder to myself how much ammo will one of those suckers be able to carry and how long until they are in battle.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently it speaks too. It's first words: "Your clothes, give them to me, now!"
Quote Reply
Re: Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Two words...

Rocky trail.

Take that, robot bitch!

Did you see the jump in that video? Not sure how much of a hindrance a rocky trail would be.
Quote Reply
Re: Leaked video shows new ‘nightmare-inducing’ wheeled robot from Boston Dynamics [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Apparently it speaks too. It's first words: "Your clothes, give them to me, now!"

"We will put you in people zoo."

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply