Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters
Quote | Reply
Good Lord that was a steaming pile of crap. I'm stuck home sick, figured I'd watch a brainless movie on free cable, and that might have actually made my day worse than it already was.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that was your shortest movie review yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sexist!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should take up Milos Yianopppoplous' twitter campaign.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Good Lord that was a steaming pile of crap. I'm stuck home sick, figured I'd watch a brainless movie on free cable, and that might have actually made my day worse than it already was.

No, it would have been worse had you gone to the theatre alone to watch it. Not because of the historical Duffy reason, but because if spotted you could not later say "I know right, but they really wanted to see it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recorded it over the weekend. So your saying I should watch it?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I recorded it over the weekend. So your saying I should watch it?

Delete it quick, before it ruins your DVR.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To paraphrase the OP:

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Saw the movie a few months ago. I only enjoyed seeing Bill Murray, Slimer and a few other original cast members. Would have been nice to see Rick Moranis though. With all the reboots these days, I'm willing to bet a "Honey, I shrunk the Grandkids" movie comes out in a few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard today that between Ghostbusters and the Angry Birds movie Sony was taking a $1 billion write off

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read a similar article, though they referred to Inferno and Brothers Grimsby with Ghostbusters, rather than Angry Birds.

A comment suggested that Ghostbusters could not be too bad given it apparently had a 75% rotten tomatoes score (or similar) but then I recall how Sony removed a tonne of negative feedback from its YT trailer and wondered whether they set up some sort of bot to crank up the RT score etc.

I was never going to watch that on principal. Don't mess with 80's gold! Did they seriously think that throwing a feminine touch on a classic was going to reap similar reward?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you make it through the whole movie?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched it from my pirate streams a month or 2 ago. It was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. I was mildly entertained. Definitely not worth a rental or a ticket in a theater but for free... sure why not?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched it on the plane a month or so back. If it had been an original movie it would have been a bit silly but mildly enjoyable and that would have been the end of it. As a reboot of the 80s original it was horrible and utterly deserved to be panned.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Did you make it through the whole movie?

Yeah. Unfortunately, I started the movie, then went to lay down on the couch and left the remote out of reach. Since I am sick and lazy, I didn't want to expend the effort to get the remote, especially when I could lie there and hate the movie.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caught it flipping through the channels last night. Watched 10 minutes before I had to change the channel. The brief part I saw was terrible.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with orphious on this one. Wasn't bad, mildly entertaining on its own, but didn't hold a candle to the original. I think people finally hit their fill of remakes when this one came out. Be interested to see what kind of reception Blade Runner gets. Whether people are still burned out or willing to give it a chance.
I liked the Hemsworth character right up until possession, although the dance scene outtakes were great. I would have liked to have seen Bill Murray as Zombieland Murray, 2 for one cameo.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally saw Girl Ghostbusters [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Watched it on the plane a month or so back. If it had been an original movie it would have been a bit silly but mildly enjoyable and that would have been the end of it. As a reboot of the 80s original it was horrible and utterly deserved to be panned.

Why do you hate women?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't they come up with something new instead of remaking an existing movie with an all girl cast? I'm sure the Oceans 8 movie with an all female cast will be a huge hit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/entertainment/oceans-8-cast/
Quote Reply