Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Wraith
Quote | Reply
Ever see that movie? By no means a cinematic masterpiece, but I did like it as a kid. It was on Netflix while I was walking steep inclines with a plate carrier and it made that suffering much more tolerable. As it turns out, it was filmed in Tucson, a city I occasionally visit, and I have even been to some the locations in the film. Pretty cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wraith

On a side note, Clint Howard has hair in the film. A lot of it.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: The Wraith [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha I remember that movie.. for a while it was one of those "OK I have to watch it even though it sucks" movies.

Unrelated, you ever seen "Red State"? Caught parts of it this morning while getting ready for work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

On a side note, Clint Howard has hair in the film. A lot of it.

Rughead!

Great movie, of course I remember every movie that showed tits when I was 15 years old as great.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: The Wraith [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but you aren't the first to say I should.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
while I was walking steep inclines with a plate carrier

Huh?
Quote Reply
Re: The Wraith [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In competing in a specialized multingunnmatch which requires carrying all gear and a plate carrier with steel body armor plates. I want every physical fitness advantage I can get.

So in addition to just general fitness (lifting, running, biking and swimming) I'm doing intervals on a treadmill with 30 lbs of gear on a 5-10% incline.

Quote Reply
Re: The Wraith [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
TheForge wrote:
while I was walking steep inclines with a plate carrier

Huh?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome movie.

~