BLeP wrote:
Ah, I get it.

Sometimes 'ol BLeP is a little slow on the uptake

Queue Old Hickory... "Sometimes?!?"

Hahahaha. I love it, now.
Quote Reply
Re: Items you didn't expect but now love [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.....annnnnd just like that on the side ads on my facebook feed, the ads are all for Bluetooth speakers. :-)

Re: Items you didn't expect but now love [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instant pot and much to my surprise my Salsa Cutthroat. Never thought I would have a bike that could do it all, road, mt biking, touring doesn't matter the surface that bike just rolls along.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Mrs sphere's sister has one that looks like a disc, is completely water submersible, and has a rope handle so it can be hung anywhere and synced with other compatible speakers for stereo sound.

I don't understand people who don't take advantage of this technology.

I won a Bose bluetooth speaker at a corporate golf event last August. It sounds great but to be honest I have only used it twice. Aside from blaring music outdoors and annoying my neighbours, I can't see a regular use for it.

So far it's been used for spooky music outside at Halloween and playing limbo music for the kids on New Years eve.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Items you didn't expect but now love [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Facebook ads are awful. I need to figure out how to turn them off because things that I don't even search for on Facebook suddenly start popping up as ads or suggested pages to follow on my FB feed...tons of Kickstarter things. I've been happy to discover a couple of products that way that I wouldn't have otherwise but that's .0005% of the total ads.

last tri in 83 wrote:
.....annnnnd just like that on the side ads on my facebook feed, the ads are all for Bluetooth speakers. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
burnman wrote:
Bluetooth speaker.

Got it as a gift two years ago. I'm not a real gadget person, so I expected to add it to my tech junk landfill. Now, I take it pretty much everywhere we go where music is warranted. (The beauty is that everyone can use it, so it's not just me and my music.)

Those really are game changers.

Assuming you like crap audio. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Items you didn't expect but now love [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Almost all audio comes obscenely compressed now anyway, so what's the difference. It suits my purposes 100% of the time.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Almost all audio comes obscenely compressed now anyway, so what's the difference. It suits my purposes 100% of the time.

Well, I would say it suits the needs 95% of the time. That 5% of the time when the wife and kids leave the house, I like to have a REALLY good alternative. I have nice list of FLAC files and a good stereo system I can fall back to then. Doesn't happen often enough.
M~
Quote Reply
Re: Items you didn't expect but now love [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Detachable shower head...Duh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As much as I hate to admit it (especially on this side of the forum), the treadmill.

Other items include the electric toothbrush and an extra large coffee mug with a picture of eeyore on it

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

1. A tablet. I thought they were toys and refused to abandon my high-power desktop for one. Then I got one (Samsung Galaxy Tab S) and I do 99% of my computer stuff on it.

2. High quality gentleman's winter boot. I live in Canada and wish I figured this out ages ago. A mid-calf Joseph Seibel, soft leather, sheep lined, so comfy I can wear it all day, warm enough I can go out for a 2hr walk in -25 degrees. So much better than clunky muck-lucks or huge lace-up boots.

3. My CX bike. It was going to be for occasional use when the weather prevented me from riding on my beloved Tri bike. The past few years I ONLY ride my CX bike - for touring, road races, gravel rides, or family rides.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by the time I bought them I expected to love them, but earlier I would have never thought....

1. Hobie kayak (Oasis tandem with mirage drive). Yeah it's plastic and heavy as heck, and not very sleek. But it's got comfort and stability beyond anything, and with the mirage drive it's got the speed, especially into a headwind, that very few can match. I had 2 kids and my wife in the front, pedaling by myself, and stayed neck to neck with a guy on a racing surf ski for miles. My friend, never in a kayak before, took off into the waves and wind (with his 5 year old daughter) and I couldn't keep with them in my 17 ft touring canoe.

2. Canvas Springbar (Kodiak) tent. Weighs like 75lbs (8 person capacity). You absolutely cannot let it stay packed up wet for more than about 2 days. But it is awesome comfort in 4 seasons, fears no wind nor rain nor abusive children, and, once you get some snow peak tent stakes, is easy and fairly quick to set up/take down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gotta come back to this, forgot the most important...

My daughter. My son gave me a reason and taught me to live when I was at the bottom, love him to death. Daughter was not planned, at least not at the time. She's taught me how to love in a way I never thought possible, including myself. Not sure what I'd do without her and her bright Disney princess eyes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.) Sax underwear. Total gamechanger

2.) Sheex sheets

3.) Fluke 414D laser tape measure
Quote Reply
Re: Items you didn't expect but now love [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Facebook ads are awful. I need to figure out how to turn them off because things that I don't even search for on Facebook suddenly start popping up as ads or suggested pages to follow on my FB feed...tons of Kickstarter things. I've been happy to discover a couple of products that way that I wouldn't have otherwise but that's .0005% of the total ads.

last tri in 83 wrote:

I'm starting another thread, check it out, kinda creepy.

- bluetooth headphones
- Rudy Project "racing red" lens
- MyPakage underwear (daily and athletic)
- Contigo travel mug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Every tool I have borrowed to complete a project.
Last one was a cordless finish nail gun. Don't know how I've gotten by this long without one.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Feb 1, 17 6:48
Quote Reply

Prev Next