Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: That thread.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That thread.... was quite artistic and poetic. Definately the most artistic thing I've read here. Disturbing...yes. Honest....yes. Thought provoking...hell yeah. It is an excellent kernel for a longer story.

I understand why it was locked, but I'd much rather read one thought provoking post like that than a 20 page shitfest like cyclist taking the lane.

And I think any story, real or fiction, has a lot of merit when it starts with the prosaic,."Something is wrong with me."

p.s. still drinking, sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We all have inappropriate thoughts on occasion, and worse, we sometimes act on them.

You are probably more normal than you think - you just need to not press "post message" next time!

Welcome back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After this post I don't think you can ever be the internet tough guy again. What a dumbass.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
After this post I don't think you can ever be the internet tough guy again. What a dumbass.

When was I ever an internet "tough guy"?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always thought you were quite a wuss. The tough guy thing is perplexing. </pink>
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
We all have inappropriate thoughts on occasion, and worse, we sometimes act on them.

You are probably more normal than you think - you just need to not press "post message" next time!

Welcome back.

And this is why literature and story sharing are so important. I would suggest we all have inappropriate thoughts all the time. But the hero only acts on the virtuous. That's why when the hero's son validates his father's actions, not his thoughts, it makes it quite poignant. And admirable.

Please, 'post message'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Slowman wrote:
i understand posting here is a cathartic release and i'm happy to provide a place for that. it's also my front lawn. please don't pee on it. that's all i ask.

i thought the tri forum was the front lawn and this was the back yard.

More like the outhouse.

Green grass grows around the backyard shit house
That is where the sweetest flowers bloom
We are the flowers growin' in God's garden
And that is why he spreads the shit around

David Byrne - "The Cowboy Named Mambo (Hey Lookit Me Now)" - Uh-Oh

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:

Did Dan take your sense of humor when he neutered you?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:

Did Dan take your sense of humor when he neutered you?

He made me put a Burka on it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

I'm 6'2 and I don't even lift.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That post was reminiscent of some by a certain poster over on the 'erBB back in the day..
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
That post was reminiscent of some by a certain poster over on the 'erBB back in the day..

Link?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Link?

First one I found from the Googles:

http://forum.surfer.com/...amp;site_id=1#import
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only issue with your post was that when I first read it, I misinterpreted the first part to mean that you sped up and ran over it intentionally. After I read the rest, I understood what you meant. It was definitely not the typical writing style found here, and I did not feel there was anything illegal, immoral, or unethical involved. It came across as one of the most honest posts I have ever read on here (which my cynical side tells me must mean it was made up).

If you have something wrong with you, then I must too. I have had completely random thoughts run through my head at inappropriate times, often when there was death or trauma involved. I figured it was just a coping mechanism, my brain was just trying to protect itself from what I was dealing with at the time. Didn't work. I really do have stuff wrong with me now.

You'll have to let us know when your Fifty Shades of Duffy fanfiction gets published.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn't made up.

I'm not very creative.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [aironagstring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And this is why literature and story sharing are so important. I would suggest we all have inappropriate thoughts all the time. But the hero only acts on the virtuous. That's why when the hero's son validates his father's actions, not his thoughts, it makes it quite poignant. And admirable.

Well said. On one hand it was dark and disturbing and on the other, what you said. Everyone has a dark side.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this video accurately describes The Duffy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
To Dan:

I know I push things here and you have warned me in the past. I am thankful for this forum and all it has to offer. What I post here are my thoughts and sometimes those thoughts need to be filtered better. What this forum does for me cannot be conveyed to you in words. Being allowed to be Duffy, the idiot, the fool, the train wreck, the ranconteur, the butt of jokes and purveyor of gifs, the provoker of thought, anger, disbelief, frustration and laughter is in some way important to me. It shines some light into the dark hole of my mind and spirit. It puts the demons in check.

Remember when you assured me that people wouldn't suck dick for their LR fix?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTF, Gus... Drama queen much?
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:

Good chance that guy is already dead, if not he's obese and sucking oxygen through a tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't post much in the LR. I figure I don't really have the fortitude for the verbal sword play. I was going to reply on the initial thread and was shocked over the speed with which that was locked, maybe only 2-3 replies in? I don't know how it works but guess there must be lots of people involved to raise concerns quickly enough to nip something that fast.

I saw a cat hit once and it left a very huge impression on me. I was impressed you turned around to find it.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
I saw a cat hit once and it left a very huge impression on me ...

On the cat as well

Sorry, it had to be done

DISCLAIMER: We're life-time cat owners, and just adopted a new rescue kitty

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Feb 1, 17 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: That thread.... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love cats more than is normal.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next