Quote | Reply
Quote:
I live and in an upscale town in NJ.

Sucks to be you.
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Are people pissed? This is the first I've heard of this. Maybe I need to get a Facebook thingy.

So Starbucks is going to hire refugees in their overseas stores? Not in Arab, Alabama or Cairo, Georgia?

Actually in Tifton, Ga. Right down I-75 from Arabi, Ga.
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Yeah, I rock the Chemex or V60 in the mornings with local(ish) roasted Sulawesi or Yergecheffe beans from Madcap or Populace & it's a pure delight.

Wow, and I get called an Elitist for simply living on the coast...
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, hating on Starbucks is so last decade. Their coffee sucks, their food sucks, their non-coffee drinks suck. Question - why the hell then is there 3 stores within a 5 minute walk from my office? Are people being forced to purchase Starbuck's products? Isn't the Free Market deciding if their products are good or not?
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question - why the hell then is there 3 stores within a 5 minute walk from my office?

People go where everyone else goes.

Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you must really feel chastened by recent events. There have been several "hot chocolate" references in this thread, and you have not posted an appropriately inappropriate GIF.
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 1, 17 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr. mike wrote:
you must really feel chastened by recent events. There have been several "hot chocolate" references in this thread, and you have not posted an appropriately inappropriate GIF.

I'm into being "inappropriate" with food.

Food, sex, sleep.

All good things, but all should be kept separate.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're all elitists or evangelists about the things we like. Trust me, it's not elitist here.

Trieatalot wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Yeah, I rock the Chemex or V60 in the mornings with local(ish) roasted Sulawesi or Yergecheffe beans from Madcap or Populace & it's a pure delight.

Wow, and I get called an Elitist for simply living on the coast...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
You know, hating on Starbucks is so last decade. Their coffee sucks, their food sucks, their non-coffee drinks suck. Question - why the hell then is there 3 stores within a 5 minute walk from my office? Are people being forced to purchase Starbuck's products? Isn't the Free Market deciding if their products are good or not?

Because the people that go there don't really like coffee anyways. If you are going to drink what is essentially a milkshake with a shot of espresso in it, what difference does it make if the coffee sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Starbucks & Snowflakes [Watown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's an interesting tale. My company was searching for a new coffee vendor. We have many self proclaimed coffee experts who swear by their Blue Bottle, Philz, and others. We did a blind taste test with Starbucks, Philz, Blue Bottle, Peet's, and some generic. The coffee experts and the everyday coffee drinkers picked their favorites. Guess which coffee won the blind taste test? You guessed it...Starbucks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next