Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: rashguard/swim shirt recommendations [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
TheForge wrote:
You have to help me understand this, because it would take clear and present threat to my safety for me to stomach wearing one of those.

Have a look at any world tour surfing comp and get back to me regarding the ratio of those competing bare torso vs those competing in a top.

Contest jerseys are a requirement at almost every contest.

Look at most guys (who aren't sponsored) in the lineup at Pipe.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: rashguard/swim shirt recommendations [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:

years ago we were in santa cruz on a cloudy day. i got sunburned so badly that i ended up in the er with TWO ivs going at the same time. i dont want to relive that.

Um, were you dehydrated? The Rash guard won't help with that.

severe burns dehydrate you. couple that with vomiting (also caused by severe sunburn) any liquid you try and drink, its a recipe for disaster. rashguards with upf protection will absolutely help prevent dehydration caused by sunburns.

My point is if you were that burned you would have been on painkillers with some sort of salve, not just intravenous fluid.

im not sure why you reached the incorrect conclusion that i wasnt. ill tell you this, it was bad enough they nearly admitted me. i spent about 8 hours in the er before being released. it was truly an awful experience

Because you only mentioned the IV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get this...

https://www.amazon.com/...guard%2Bmen&th=1

I wear these for nogi jiu jitsu.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Jan 30, 17 18:55
Quote Reply
Re: rashguard/swim shirt recommendations [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Get this...

https://www.amazon.com/...guard%2Bmen&th=1

I wear these for nogi jiu jitsu.

thanks!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
TheForge wrote:
You have to help me understand this, because it would take clear and present threat to my safety for me to stomach wearing one of those.

Have a look at any world tour surfing comp and get back to me regarding the ratio of those competing bare torso vs those competing in a top.

Contest jerseys are a requirement at almost every contest.

Look at most guys (who aren't sponsored) in the lineup at Pipe.

My primary point was that I suspect that on a professional tour, in this day and age, that the lawyers behind the scenes have pushed for it from a health and safety / duty of care perspective. Someone gets skin cancer and sues the tour for not providing a safe workplace.

A secondary point, perhaps more important to Forge, is that people associate pro surfers with being manly. If they wear them, then Forge shouldn't be shy to do likewise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Da Hui will give you that nice faux Hawaiian vibe

Re: rashguard/swim shirt recommendations [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My primary point was that I suspect that on a professional tour, in this day and age, that the lawyers behind the scenes have pushed for it from a health and safety / duty of care perspective. Someone gets skin cancer and sues the tour for not providing a safe workplace.

Jerseys (rash guards) have been used in contests since there were contests.

Very few advanced/expert surfers wear rash guards when free surfing in warm water.

You'll see neoprene jackets, short-johns, tee shirts and bareback. I never see rash guards on anyone but kids and kooks around here.

Quote:
A secondary point, perhaps more important to Forge, is that people associate pro surfers with being manly.

People? People that, I assume, don't surf.

You know who wears rash guards?

Jiu Jitsu people wear rash guards...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in the CA desert, a white Rash guard that is wet is way cooler than bare skin and you get the bonus sun protection.

Re: rashguard/swim shirt recommendations [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Here in the CA desert, a white Rash guard that is wet is way cooler than bare skin and you get the bonus sun protection.

That's the other reason surfers generally dont wear them. They make you cold except in the warmest of tropical locations (like mainland mexico).

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While practical for my backyard pool I wouldn't wear one in public due to high nerd factor.

Re: rashguard/swim shirt recommendations [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
While practical for my backyard pool I wouldn't wear one in public due to high nerd factor.

You wear one in your pool?

Goooober!!!!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you are still looking they are on sale at https://www.ebodyboarding.com/collections/reale-deals
Quote Reply

Prev Next