Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Gosnell a serial killer?
Quote | Reply
That is what a new book proposes. I don't know. I guess I would have to do more research. Serial killer isn't a term that should be used lightly or subject to partisan beliefs. As somebody who accepts abortion as a right and necessary evil, to call him a serial killer would legitimize pro-life arguments that I find to be bullshit.

http://townhall.com/...rial-killer-n2277824

Would that make all abortion doctors "serial killers", or was it a certain level of depravity he specifically engaged in?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Is Gosnell a serial killer? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't he kill full-term live birth babies? Many in fact?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Gosnell a serial killer? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late term abortion can be defined in that light. That is an accepted medical procedure. For this to qualify as being a serial killer, the mother would have to come to the clinic without legitimate medical needs, he would have to coerce her into having an abortion that wasn't necessary, and kill the child with the intent of murdering it, not because it was a late term birth that was to be aborted.

You would also have to ascertain that his behavior was a matter of depravity and not opportunity and incompetence.

There are a lot of psychopaths who join the military for the specific reason that it would allow them to kill and legally get away with it. Many of those people inhabit our special forces and operations groups. Would you call them serial killers? Some call them heroes.

See what I mean? We have gotten too comfortable going to extremes to score petty partisan points.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

Yes. He shoved scissors into the neck of living babies and cut the spinal cord.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Late term abortion can be defined in that light. That is an accepted medical procedure.

Late term abortion is disgusting.

Quote Reply
Re: Is Gosnell a serial killer? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late term abortion is also usually a last resort. Used only when the child or mother is at risk of harm. Do you really think people wait until the 3rd trimester before deciding to not have a baby when the abortion process is more invasive and riskier? That isn't common sense.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Yes. He shoved scissors into the neck of living babies and cut the spinal cord.

I heard he took live babies and either drown them or simply suffocated them with his hands. That goes to the serial killer part and not the abortion part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he did that and derived pleasure from it, that would certainly support the case. But again, is it opportunity and if say a SEAL Team Six member routinely canoed the heads of targets killing them vs bringing them in for questioning, would they not also be a serial killer vs a hero? I posted an article chock full of behavior that would be associated with psychopathology and serial killers associated with the Elite Seal Team Six that for all intent and purpose are though of by the public at large as heroes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know why you keep wanting to compare trained killers with a trained medical doctor....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not. Serial killer is a specific term that based on the interviews I've seen and this article suggest that a medical doctor who performed legitimate services that a large section of society finds abhorrent is a serial killer. I'm asking them or any who agree to explain this to me. Because if he is a serial killer because he performed late term abortion, that means any doctor that does it is a serial killer. If he deviated from the specific practice to act out on his depravity, I'll give you more leeway but are you (and many on the right) ready to apply that same standard to elite trained killers who are revered as heroes?

Just looking for consistency.

The guy was clearly fucked up, but does his behavior extend beyond incompetence? Not giving a fuck? To specific acts of depravity?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That video made me sick.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Gosnell a serial killer? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is supposed to. Surgery is messy, but when mixed with emotion it gets downright ugly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Late term abortion is also usually a last resort. Used only when the child or mother is at risk of harm. Do you really think people wait until the 3rd trimester before deciding to not have a baby when the abortion process is more invasive and riskier? That isn't common sense.

If common sense was involved this wouldn't be happening at all and we wouldn't have sick people like Gosnell.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Gosnell a serial killer? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
That video made me sick.

#WomansRights
Quote Reply