Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick shout out to Roger Federer - 18 majors
Quote | Reply
Wasn't looking too good when broken early in the fifth, but Nadal was not having easy service games and was providing a number of opportunities. When he broke back, and ultimately broken again, sensational.

A little anti-climatic to finish on a challenge but the end result is number 18.

Two fantastic players. Two amazing ambassadors for the sport. Going toe to toe for five sets. Didn't think either of them were going to be back challenging at the majors. Yet some bit players did their roles and cleared a bit of a path and left these two standing at opposite ends of the court.

There's life in the old dogs yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick shout out to Roger Federer - 18 majors [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So exciting to watch. Very happy for Roger!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never thought he would win again but it was a great match and a well deserved win.

An incredible athlete and the same can be said for Nadal.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick shout out to Roger Federer - 18 majors [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got up at 4am. Was worth it. Amazing match. Amazing players. Class through and through.

Either way it was going to be an amazing result.

Very happy for Fed.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick shout out to Roger Federer - 18 majors [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Rocket there to present hardware, heckuva day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Possibly the best tennis he's ever played against Nadal. I watched the rerun knowing the score, but when Nadal broke and took the lead in the 5th I knew I would have thought oh no not again without knowing the result. Then he just went for it, even on the backhand. If they can stay injury free and play like this all year, Nadal will take #15 in Paris and Fed will take #19 in Wimbledon. Especially as Nole seems to be struggling right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick shout out to Roger Federer - 18 majors [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was getting bored of the Nole train. There was no real rivalry to follow. Murray is just plain irritating to watch and I think I'm scarred from all his early oncourt whining.

These two however are two of the greatest ambassadors you will ever see. I'm happy they have returned to form. The fans were willing it (the head to head final) and they got it. Fairytale end to a great tournament.
Quote Reply